Electrocars strike back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in Croatia

1.jpg

2.jpg

What is the point here ? ?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with battery powered cars in my opinion. In a number of circumstances for people that never ever travel outside of a radius of 50 miles these style vehicles make sense.. In the US there are many people who could be served quite well with a battery powered car.

However... I do not care what anyone states... Batteries cannot take a charge in ultra fast fashion... Electrons can be moved only but for so fast before it creates a lot of heat. Batteries treated to high amounts of heat and this magic fast (supposedly) is not good circumstance for long term longevity for a battery... And one cannot put/push enough watts of energy into a electric car anywhere near as fast or that would be equal to a regular gasoline motor.... That is just not remotely possible.. The other part of this circumstance here in the US which is brought up on occasion is the fact our power grid is possibly not up to the task of serving millions of people plugging in to get their vehicles... That is another problem too... And the magical solar farms and wind farms cannot and will not be able to produce the wattage needed consistently for any of this either... Plus the need of power storage when demand is down is yet is just another big dilemma... Plus where is all the raw materials needed going to be coming from for these magic batteries ? What types of huge machinery will be goobling up all types of diesel in order to mine those materials? And are those some of materials not totally safe for routine human exposure ?? There is no free lunch... No matter what anyone attempts to say... Nor will a magic battery car travel 800-1000 miles in one day with the ease and efficacy of a regular gas motor. Say averaging 70-75 mph for 16 hours...

These vehicles have limitations whether the greenies like that real fact or not... And Europe is not like the US in a number of ways... We have vast, vast areas where one could travel hundreds of miles... And there be hardly nothing or no one around... There are literally counties in our western United States that are bigger than states in the east coast... Even travelling from my area to Charleston SC is a 450 mile trip.. Going from my area to Central Florida was a 625 mile trip... A regular powered car motor will be a far better choice than a plug in for that feat.

This is not a one size fits all circumstance. And I want to maintain that choice for myself what best suits my needs... Not for someone else with a agenda to dictate what I drive.
Ohh and tell your buddy who uses more jet fuel in one cross country trip back and forth just one time in one year that is more than the average American uses in a entire calendar year in terms of fuel usage that he needs to fly using a electric powered battery plane.... And that individual needs to sell his vast large home that uses far, far more electrical power than a average person/family... Or sell his 2nd home... Unless he has actually done so... If he has not already... Get him to live in a 1 thousand square footage apartment... Get him to actually live out what he supposedly believes in... Then... I may just take him and his gang of fools more seriously.

Last edited:
Yup. The concept of transfer of carbon production from the tailpipe to the generation plant (and all the losses and inefficiency along the way) is completely lost on the self righteous folks driving "zero emission" vehicles. Their construction and charging requirements are far from zero emission.

Originally Posted by bbhero
What is the point here ? ?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with battery powered cars in my opinion. In a number of circumstances for people that never ever travel outside of a radius of 50 miles these style vehicles make sense.. In the US there are many people who could be served quite well with a battery powered car.

However... I do not care what anyone states... Batteries cannot take a charge in ultra fast fashion... Electrons can be moved only but for so fast before it creates a lot of heat. Batteries treated to high amounts of heat and this magic fast (supposedly) is not good circumstance for long term longevity for a battery... And one cannot put/push enough watts of energy into a electric car anywhere near as fast or that would be equal to a regular gasoline motor.... That is just not remotely possible.. The other part of this circumstance here in the US which is brought up on occasion is the fact our power grid is possibly not up to the task of serving millions of people plugging in to get their vehicles... That is another problem too... And the magical solar farms and wind farms cannot and will not be able to produce the wattage needed consistently for any of this either... Plus the need of power storage when demand is down is yet is just another big dilemma... Plus where is all the raw materials needed going to be coming from for these magic batteries ? What types of huge machinery will be goobling up all types of diesel in order to mine those materials? And are those some of materials not totally safe for routine human exposure ?? There is no free lunch... No matter what anyone attempts to say... Nor will a magic battery car travel 800-1000 miles in one day with the ease and efficacy of a regular gas motor. Say averaging 70-75 mph for 16 hours...

These vehicles have limitations whether the greenies like that real fact or not... And Europe is not like the US in a number of ways... We have vast, vast areas where one could travel hundreds of miles... And there be hardly nothing or no one around... There are literally counties in our western United States that are bigger than states in the east coast... Even travelling from my area to Charleston SC is a 450 mile trip.. Going from my area to Central Florida was a 625 mile trip... A regular powered car motor will be a far better choice than a plug in for that feat.

This is not a one size fits all circumstance. And I want to maintain that choice for myself what best suits my needs... Not for someone else with a agenda to dictate what I drive.
Ohh and tell your buddy who uses more jet fuel in one cross country trip back and forth just one time in one year that is more than the average American uses in a entire calendar year in terms of fuel usage that he needs to fly using a electric powered battery plane.... And that individual needs to sell his vast large home that uses far, far more electrical power than a average person/family... Or sell his 2nd home... Unless he has actually done so... If he has not already... Get him to live in a 1 thousand square footage apartment... Get him to actually live out what he supposedly believes in... Then... I may just take him and his gang of fools more seriously.
I agree 10,000%, but, IBTL!

The original post is political in nature. That's a group of e car owners blocking a gasoline pump, an intrinsically political act and therefore, topic.

Let's close the discussion here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back