Why buy OE filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would buy the OE filter at this price!?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Convenience I guess. Id get it from your dealer if you want OE...but if no dealer nearby, is it worth saving 4-5$ and a separate trip? Depends i guess

If you are talking about the Hyundai/Kia filters, this is a rip-off!

I bought a 10 of these filters at the dealer for $50...

Originally Posted by edyvw
What is wrong with the price? Do not get it?

List price for the filter is $7.31.

Originally Posted by The Critic

List price for the filter is $7.31.

that is about what i paid at the dealer. $8.25 out the door

Same filter at Walmart is $5.xx

and

At AutoZone it's $8.xx

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Not when I can get the OE Filter from the dealer for about $6. And he'll throw in the crush-washer too.

Need to do more shopping around and not buy from the first place that has it. Multiple sources will have different prices, much better than this price.

The Hyundai filter is identical to a Wix 51334, right? Those are $8.99 retail. And the Honda filter is just a Fram, right? Those are like what, $6.99? That's what's wrong... these OE filters are a RIP OFF!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Some engines are very sensitive to incorrect bypass PSI .

A number of folks here say that does not matter - but I got my PF63E filters pretty cheap and only run about 6k on them (fear of DI dilution of 0w20, and plenty of oil stash).
My preferred filter is the XG10575 … but I will wait while the system purges and at some point they will all be the higher PRV.
(I'm not going to break the seal to look inside, we have enough problems with bums switching filters).
At that point I could do two oil changes on a filter.

I bought OEM Hyundai filters for 2.50 each plus tax. Dealer parts guy lectured me on why I should use OEM. Said could sell them for $5 each. Had a $10 off coupon. Bought 4. I also use Fram Ultra. Less than $5.00 each on Ebay. Who would pay over $10 for an OEM filter? NOT a BITOG member.
smile.gif

Perhaps the title should be, why buy OE filters at O'R? Seeing the prices, that would be a purely rhetorical question. WM for one has them for less. In this case, I'm thinking the dealer too.

At least with respect to my BMWs, Mazda, and Mini I have never had a problem with the OEM cartridges- and in most cases the prices have been less than the aftermarket alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back