Frothy oil from 2008 Nissan Frontier 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by buster
The 4.0L takes 5.4 qts. Usually 5.5 puts it exactly at the full mark.

That is my experience as well (with filter change) except I measure using liters and that is the equivalency.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by buster
The 4.0L takes 5.4 qts. Usually 5.5 puts it exactly at the full mark.

That is my experience as well (with filter change) except I measure using liters and that is the equivalency.

I have a 3.8 with the manual spec'ing 5.4 likewise, 5.5 puts it right at "F"... and I mean right on the dot.

Mola, what are your thoughts just based on the pic? HG leak or frothing from slight overfill? What gets me is if it's bubbles, how to explain the chocolate like appearance? I mean, there's only gonna be so many causes right?

Hi folks

I got my Blackstone lab report back; trying to figure out how to attach it, but my work computer wont let me.

Good news is there isnt a trace of antifreeze or water in the oil. Wear metals lower than average, especially copper and lead.

I think in the early year of the Frontiers the oil cooler is inside the radiator. Could be a cause.

Originally Posted by dawgn86
Hi folks

I got my Blackstone lab report back; trying to figure out how to attach it, but my work computer wont let me.

Good news is there isnt a trace of antifreeze or water in the oil. Wear metals lower than average, especially copper and lead.

Honestly, the background is a bit out of focus but it just looks like a bunch of tiny bubbles on top of the drained oil. If you changed it cold after running the motor a bit, that'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back