Nice story Beautiful car

Status
Not open for further replies.
She and her car have been in the media before. Pretty neat, that's for sure. It also goes to show that a properly chosen car can be kept operational for a very long time, as long as it's not totaled or rusted out.

I've had no trouble keeping vehicles to nearly 300,000 miles with good maintenance. But at some point, I'm so tired of them, I actually willing to give them away. I like the feel and performance of a newer vehicle.

Originally Posted by Cujet
She and her car have been in the media before. Pretty neat, that's for sure. It also goes to show that a properly chosen car can be kept operational for a very long time, as long as it's not totaled or rusted out.

I've had no trouble keeping vehicles to nearly 300,000 miles with good maintenance. But at some point, I'm so tired of them, I actually willing to give them away. I like the feel and performance of a newer vehicle.

By 150,000-200,000 miles I'm ready for something different. That said, I don't plan to sell the Club Sport under any circumstances.

Very cool. Getting that many miles is like running the gauntlet of poor drivers. Also, in my area, include deer and elk hits.
smile.gif

Great story, I know the feeling. Last year, I gave away the lettuce 850 wagon w/ 380K to the wife's nephews to drive to school.

I had it for almost 20 years and cry every time I see her.
cry.gif

Originally Posted by Cujet

Same here but there are a few cars I will never sell. The Saab Viggen and the old 66 Beetle. I wish I could have brought my Citroen's to the US but there was no real way to do it, no DOT parts for the SM or the CX and service parts would be a nightmare.
Newer cars are just appliances for me, I don't like them for the most part and have no real interest in them, I just repair them.

Neat old car.

I would like to know what engine is in that Comet. If I had to guess, it's the inline six and not the small Windsor, only because the Windsors of that era had issues with cam bearings wearing out and the oil pressure at idle going to zero. (My 1966 289 Mustang had this issue after only 78k miles ...) After 500k+ miles, I'd have to think it was the I6 engine; they were known for their longevity. But, I could be wrong ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back