Does anybody else have reactions to MSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have moderate food allergies. Three walnuts or half a banana would probably be enough to land me in the hospital with anaphylaxis. But I consider myself lucky. Lots of people have it way worse than me. I manage just fine. My tongue will swell up at a small bite of an offending food and alert me. Usually. Not so with melons. They give me heart palpitations. Very disconcerting to have your heart trying to jump out of your chest and Dr. Google says it probably nothing too serious.

MSG plus stress will give me migraine headaches. I avoid canned soups and sketchy Chinese food.

No bad reactions here, but I recently discovered that companies are sneaking sucralose (Splenda) into products that aren't labeled low sugar or sugar free.

I noticed that fake-sweetner whang in Vlasic bread & butter pickles. Sure enough, sucralose is on the ingredients list but nowhere else. The Kroger brand pickles have it too, but not the "old fashioned" style. Since then, I've also seen it in Kroger brand ice cream sandwiches and Thomas English muffins.

I'm that guy standing there reading the fine print on food labels so I can avoid the stuff. I also avoid MSG, because I tend not to be able to stop eating packaged snacks that have it.

Tension headaches, sometimes they can get pretty bad too, I try to stay away from MSG or whatever else they try and disguise it as.

official sources like the FDA claim that MSG is safe

smirk2.gif

"Pizza Chains Are Secretly Packing Their Food with MSG...."

Move along people, move along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back