First time running synthetic in my truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done my first oil change on the truck last week at 6000km. Canadian tire had PP on sale for $22/jug with a $10 mail in rebate, so how could I not right. NAPA was closed so went with a Fram Ultra instead of my usual gold filter.

You can definetly notice the easier cranking with the PP vs factory fill at -20c.

A bonus is that the truck takes 5.5L and the car takes 4.5 so I can do both from 2 jugs. Just waiting for the remote start to show up and Ill change the oil on the car while Im installing it.

I have been converted to the synthetic side

I'm also running it in my 2018 3.5L EcoBoost. I picked up 4 jugs on the same deal. It's hard to pass up when it's $12 per 5L. I have 4300 km on this change and the oil has barely changed colour.

PP is definitely an easier flowing oil in comparison to motorcraft at the colder temperatures.

Originally Posted by leeaspell
Done my first oil change on the truck last week at 6000km. Canadian tire had PP on sale for $22/jug with a $10 mail in rebate, so how could I not right. NAPA was closed so went with a Fram Ultra instead of my usual gold filter.

You can definetly notice the easier cranking with the PP vs factory fill at -20c.

A bonus is that the truck takes 5.5L and the car takes 4.5 so I can do both from 2 jugs. Just waiting for the remote start to show up and Ill change the oil on the car while Im installing it.

Easier cranking in the winter is a plus.

Originally Posted by nlife
I'm also running it in my 2018 3.5L EcoBoost. I picked up 4 jugs on the same deal. It's hard to pass up when it's $12 per 5L. I have 4300 km on this change and the oil has barely changed colour.

PP is definitely an easier flowing oil in comparison to motorcraft at the colder temperatures.

Thin full synthetic will flow easier than the synblend Motorcraft.
Good choice.
I would not have chosen Ultras under early-stage warranty. Dealers usually balk at using them for multiple OCIs and that's how long Ultras should stay on the filter mount, for best service.
Better choice would have been OEM, despite very small tear worries with Motorcraft/Purolators.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

[/quote]
Is Motorcraft a synthetic blend in Canada?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Is Motorcraft a synthetic blend in Canada?[/quote]
I haven't a Passport to enter Ontario, so no idea if it is.
Someone else here should know.

Apparently we have both synthetic blend and full synthetic here. I've never seen Motorcraft at my local Wal-mart or any other local autoparts store for that matter. Only seems to be available from the dealership.

Originally Posted by nlife

Apparently we have both synthetic blend and full synthetic here. I've never seen Motorcraft at my local Wal-mart or any other local autoparts store for that matter. Only seems to be available from the dealership.

WMs around here carry Motorcraft, but I'm not sure if that's common across the rest of the US.

Only place I have ever seen Motocraft in my area is at the dealership and only in synthetic. The bulk at the local Ford is Mobil 1000

I was converted over in 1978.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back