Any Scooter Riders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ride a 2008 Vino 125 that usually lives on the back of my RV during my travels. It's been the best carbureted small engine I have ever owned.

[Linked Image from hilineauto.com]

Scooters are like fat gals. Both fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to see you on them.

My scooter reliably gets 62/64 mpg. No bike I ever had came close to that.

I'm secure enough at my age not to worry what my friends think of what I ride.

When you get movin' the wind don't care what you're on.

My ZRX 1200 gets about 52 miles per gallon putting down 145 horses to the rear wheel and 87 foot pounds. It isn't 65 miles per gallon but considering the difference in performance, it ain't bad.
smile.gif

Still, twist and go is a lot o' fun!

Originally Posted by sloinker
I have always been interested in those 3 wheel Piaggio scooters. Can't justify pulling the trigger on one though.
https://www.piaggio.com/us_EN/news-list/Piaggio-MP3-Sport-500-3-Wheel-Scooter-Arrives-in-USA/

My wife put over 20k miles on her MP3 before she had to stop riding(cancer) If you have never rode one please go and take one for a spin. I knew within 20 seconds of getting on one that we would buy it. This is from a guy thats rode motorcycles for 40 years. The MP3 is so much fun to ride you find yourself putting more miles on it than you planned for.

Rod

Originally Posted by gman2304
Scooters are like fat gals. Both fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to see you on them.

No value post.

16,000 miles on my ‘09 Honda Metropolitan, and still going strong.
2,500 miles on my ‘19 Honda Super Cub.
Met averages 95-mpg.
Cub averages 135-mpg. (125cc fuel injected)

BE05DDE4-0DC1-4E79-89CE-68F4C1F5322C.jpeg

Last edited:
Scooters are fun, fairly inexpensive and great transportation. Many motorcycle owners have one or will someday if they want to keep riding when they don't feel comfortable anymore on a heavy, powerful bike.

Like Chris said to Calvera in the Magnificent Seven, "Ride On!"

I have both a scooter and bike...ride the bike much more but there are times when the scoot is perfect...better wind protection and actually has storage for making beer runs! I also give my girls rides on the scooter. I wouldn't want to put them on the back of a sport bike.

Yes sir I ride a 1959 Cushman super eagle. She's a sweet old girl!
Lots of old farts like myself wished we could have afforded one when we were kids in the seventies.

My Piaggio Zip 50 2T didn't even get me to my last day at my previous job last month - the variator fell off ! The fan disintegrated...I don't know if that's a before or after thing. Can't get a fan, so it's back together without. Now I'm not doing my littlle 3km commute, it's surplus to requirements...I'll pass it on to one of my sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back