Producers of Supertech Oils and Fluids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chet2
a qt of oil is 5$ in canada....obama wants that too

Of course he does. I'm sure you'll see him pushing a shopping cart full of oil at your local Wal Mart any day now.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Geo_Prizm
Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I think I'm done with Big Brother Oil too.

Problem is, who do you support? Amsoil buys from XOM. Shell is big oil and so are the rest. Redline is about the smallest company I know of.

How about ultimate biodegradable and environmentally safe G-Oil?
It is made from animal fat, real synthetic and fully biodegradable?

When I looked into that last year G.E.T didnt have their act together. NO datasheet, NO msds, NO response to multiple emails about thier certified PCMO. I do have a bottle of their small engine oil to round out my "misfit toys" stash.

Originally Posted By: chet2
a qt of oil is 5$ in canada....obama wants that too

I can buy oil for $2 a liter.

We also have cheaper electricity, and natural gas than the US, Maybe Obama wants that too?

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
Who makes the Tech2000 0w30 in Canada?
Here is some pics if that helps....also says it's JASO approved.
DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

FYI...at all the WM's in the Ottawa area, at least, they cleared out all the 0W-30 SuperTech syn - only 5W-30 and 10W-30 left on the shelves.

It was never a big mover.

Ok, so I know this is an old thread. But where do I find the spec sheets for the SuperTech 5w20 - there are no letters on the bottom of the 5 quart jug, only the numbers 428-1 and 9136?

I need to find find out if this oil meets the chrysler specs as my service advisor will try to void my factory warranty at the drop of a hat - they have already tried to do it once a few months ago.

Originally Posted by 97K15004WD
Ok, so I know this is an old thread. But where do I find the spec sheets for the SuperTech 5w20 - there are no letters on the bottom of the 5 quart jug, only the numbers 428-1 and 9136?

I need to find find out if this oil meets the chrysler specs as my service advisor will try to void my factory warranty at the drop of a hat - they have already tried to do it once a few months ago.

While under warranty, buy oils that meet the Chrysler spec, visible on the jug label.

I like Warren Dist more and more.

Also, the few VOA of ST syn i've seen looks very much like the one's on Mag1's website. It may be less expensive than the majors but i wouldn't call it cheap.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
While under warranty, buy oils that meet the Chrysler spec, visible on the jug label.

I do, that's what saved me. They tried to argue with me that Penzoil wasn't certified by Chrysler, but I showed them the spec sheet that had the MS-6395 on it. That's why I'm looking for the spec sheet.

Seems Chrysler is trying to cut warranty costs at the expense of the customer who actually follows the guidelines but doesn't have their service done at the dealership. I'm glad I had the spec sheet and the receipt for the oil - they wanted to argue about that receipt too (I buy a lot of oil at one time and they said it was too old)....

Service advisors have nothing to say regarding warranty coverage. They are at the dealership to generate sales for the dealership period. Really bad ones like the one you are describing really cause ill will between the dealership and customer.

Seems Chrysler is trying to cut warranty costs at the expense of the customer who actually follows the guidelines but doesn't have their service done at the dealership. I'm glad I had the spec sheet and the receipt for the oil - they wanted to argue about that receipt too (I buy a lot of oil at one time and they said it was too old)....

What was the specific issue at the time where they tried to deny a warranty claim due to the oil?

Originally Posted by kschachn
What was the specific issue at the time where they tried to deny a warranty claim due to the oil?

I had taken in a vehicle for the lifetime powertrain warranty five year inspection as is required every five years. They attempted to invalidate the lifetime powertrain warranty because the tech said the oil was "dirty" and looked old, and the transmission fluid looked "dirty" and hadn't been changed. I had to produce the oil change records and what's even more ridiculous was the transmission claim. I had the fluid changed by the dealer (and the same tech did it) well within the required timeline - they just "overlooked" the record in their printout. I had to show it to them on their record (I also have all the paperwork for all work done on the vehicle so I showed them their invoice).

It was a long process. Took over three weeks to finally get it all straightened out and it required an appointment with the service manager to finally get the powertain warranty paperwork fixed. Really wasted a lot of my time and I have to say I was very frustrated with the dealership.

I wonder how many people just give up instead of going through all this hassle?

Anyway, that's why I'm looking for the spec sheet so I have my bases covered when I go back.

I do, that's what saved me. They tried to argue with me that Penzoil wasn't certified by Chrysler, but I showed them the spec sheet that had the MS-6395 on it. That's why I'm looking for the spec sheet.

Spec sheets can expire - can be old, outdated specs.
Always refer to the jug inside the store. Buy jugs that list your Chrysler spec on the label.

Always refer to the jug inside the store. Buy jugs that list your Chrysler spec on the label.

The SuperTech only has GM specs on the label. The Chevron I bought also only had GM specs on the label, BUT the online spec sheets do list the Chrysler spec and that is what they wanted to see. The pictures I took of the various labels didn't matter - only the receipts and paper specs printed out. They said anyone can take a picture of a label in the store, only a receipt shows the purchase and the spec sheet shows meeting the Chrysler requirement.

The SuperTech only has GM specs on the label. The Chevron I bought also only had GM specs on the label, BUT the online spec sheets do list the Chrysler spec and that is what they wanted to see. The pictures I took of the various labels didn't matter - only the receipts and paper specs printed out. They said anyone can take a picture of a label in the store, only a receipt shows the purchase and the spec sheet shows meeting the Chrysler requirement.

That borders on silly because as we saw in a different thread about certain Valvoline oils, the spec sheet on their website lists an important license that the container does not. According to what was posted in that thread the license is no longer valid for that oil.

For the most part lists are outdated the day they are published.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back