2020 YUGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition
lol.gif

ec8zjwjd3v141 (1).jpg

Go ahead poke fun.

Yugo was one of my top 5 cars out of over 70 cars owned.

The esteemed David E. Davis owned two - one for his daughter.

My wife made me sell it as she was embarrassed to be seen in it
frown.gif

I still have a set of spare keys somewhere.

install some Magneti Marelli stuff on there with small side-draught dcoe weber's and it would blow away Golf GTI in the day.

Engine was designed by the top ferrari engine designer.

Yes I miss him.

not mine but close:

[Linked Image]

There is a camouflaged Yugo in US already; it's called Fiat 500l; it's coming from the same manufacturing facility like Yugo in the 80s; Zastava, Kragujevac; Serbia

Originally Posted by miden851
There is a camouflaged Yugo in US already; it's called Fiat 500l; it's coming from the same manufacturing facility like Yugo; Serbia

^^ THIS ^^

My exact thoughts

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Race Yugo. None of your cars, nothing you own would keep up with this lil' monster.. None.

I'd say there are at least a few Bitogers with vehicles that would leave that Yugo in the dust.

Nope. Not with this combination of handling and power/weight.

No Street car, I would clarify.

Plus BITOG guys are likely not at his level of driving skill.

Last edited:
Go ahead poke fun.
Yugo was one of my top 5 cars out of over 70 cars owned.

I lived in Dallas, Texas when the Yugo cars were being sold. At the time, I was dating a girl whose dad was a big-wig for a big national chain that is still based in Dallas. My girlfriend's dad drove a Yugo to work everyday. I never did do any work on it, but I remember that his car had over 100K miles on it and he claimed the only problem he ever had was some tail light wiring that he said he probably pinched when he was putting a bunch of stuff underneath the hatch. This Yugo was an early Yugo, and IIRC, early Yugos did not have air conditioning. Do you know how hot it gets in Texas during the summer? I do remember seeing him come home a few times and his dress shirt and pants were soaked with sweat. Since this guy was a transplant from New Jersey, I'm pretty sure he hated the Texas heat anyway.

LOL. Have fun with your assumptions.

Likely doesn't mean there are no drivers of that caliber. What it means is that out of 100 who post here, there may be one. Maybe more since it's an enthusiast site. But it's not going to be 4 out 5 or something like that.

Originally Posted by 02SE

Originally Posted by javacontour
Likely doesn't mean there are no drivers of that caliber. What it means is that out of 100 who post here, there may be one. Maybe more since it's an enthusiast site. But it's not going to be 4 out 5 or something like that.

Originally Posted by 02SE

I would say maybe one out of the regular oil forum posters,
An this is just a guess.

In every day commuting I would slide many feet form one side of a highway onramp lane to the other accerelrating at full power.

It was a fun decompression. A little Fittipaldi in the AM.

Full throttle from green light accelerating to 90-110 mph entering the Interstate 93 south right lane at exit 3 interchange

Almost every day.

then in the three miles to my house having fun on a windy back road taken at well over 2x the 30mph speed limit.

Using the whole road - both sides of the yellow line. Straight line through corners.

And I am not at the driver skill in the video.

Last edited:
Isn't that the electric "truck" numnuts came out with recently?
(That cat that does Tesla electric cars)

Sure likes alot like it.

A YuGo is for one person... if you want to take a passenger you'll have to get the WeGo

Race Yugo. None of your cars, nothing you own would keep up with this lil' monster.. None.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu75U_zqJZY

I had mine at close to 95 HP. with mods. NO fender flares or superwide tyres,

Did you actually look at the results from that race?

If not:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He placed 42nd. Cars that were faster than him (that weren't full-on race cars):
- Lotus Elise - Placed 9th
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO - Placed 15th
- Audi Quattro S1 - Placed 16th
- Lancia Delta Integrale - Placed 19th
- BMW Z4 GT3 - Placed 20th
- Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 - Placed 22nd
- Peugeot 208 R5 - Placed 23rd
- Subaru Impreza STi - Placed 24th
- BMW E90 - Placed 25th

Skipping a few, we even see:
- Honda Civic Type-R - Placed 30th and 31st

There are a few more Mitsubishi Lancers and then even an Opel and a Vauxhall before we get to the first Yugo. Now, I KNOW there are BITOG members that own some of the above cars
21.gif
Not knocking this guys driving skills, or his ability to get 220HP out of that little car, but obviously there are more capable vehicles out there, and many of them aren't exotic and can be setup to perform that exercise a fair bit quicker than he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back