Meguiar's M305

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the hood on my truck and of course had to have the new one painted. Supposedly, new paint requires at least a minimum of 30 days to cure/gas off before waxing. I wanted some protection until I can wax and I came across this product.

Meguiar's® Mirror Glaze® Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze is formulated with the highest quality ingredients to wipe on, wipe off easily while providing that just waxed look, without silicone! This distinctive chemistry leaves behind a durable gloss & shine, allowing your freshly painted surface to cure naturally. Can be applied immediately after paint is dry.

I never knew this product existed. I ordered some from Amazon for $18.00 A little pricey, but if it will give me some peace of mind until I can lay down a nice coat of Turtle Wax 53412 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish.

Anyhow, if anyone has a new paint job I wanted you to know this product is available.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What are the recommendations from your paint shop?
I'd follow that advice before the value prop on the back of a car care product any day...

cheers3.gif

I would not apply anything during the curing period. Frequent hosing off would be fine. That would only take a moment each day as long as the temperatures stay above freezing.

Body man said 30 days before any wax. It's already been a week. That pic of the hood is actually right out of the shop the day I picked it up. Not even rinsed off. Probably try the Meguiar's M30516 out this weekend if it's nice. Suppose to be around 60 degrees this Saturday! I'll report back.

Stuff is actually in a beige colored bottle. Actual product is medium grey in color. Kinda thin in consistency.

Originally Posted by Imp4
What are the recommendations from your paint shop?
I'd follow that advice before the value prop on the back of a car care product any day...

cheers3.gif

I get what you are saying, but it depends on the product. Meguiar's in not a fly by night company. They've been around since 1901 and are well know for their innovation in the field of surface protection. If professional paint shops use it, I'll take the risk. I certainly don't believe it will destroy a paint job.

It's SOP in a body shop to use a silicone/wax-free compound/polish or glaze if there's post-paint buffing to be done. It's nothing new, 3M and a few others sell the stuff.

Meguiar's is part of 3M but run independently. I'd use it with confidence, it's normal wax that is a no-no until a month has passed.

I used the Meguiar's Finishing Glaze this weekend on a freshly painted and clear coated (9 days) hood and it performed flawlessly. It does not take much and basically it's just a wipe on and then off procedure. It appeared to enhance the shine a tad, but the finish was already pretty much good to go.

The rest of the truck I waxed with a 50/50 mixture of Duragloss 101 synthetic polymer polish and Mother's 5617 synthetic wax. A light coat that was really easy to remove. Going to do a second coat when I can finally do the hood in about a month.

Cheers!

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back