injecter cleaner?

is the dollar tree injector cleaner any good.? I have been using chevron cleaner
every oil change and there is quite a price difference..i know you get what
you pay for . what is the difference in them?

What will injection cleaner do for the cars listed in your signature? Arent they direct injection?

Old saying, "you get what you pay for" holds truth to be self evident. Regane,Chevron Techron, Redline S1, Amsoil -- go with a quality fuel system cleaner and have a piece of mind overall.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Old saying, "you get what you pay for" holds truth to be self evident. Regane,Chevron Techron, Redline S1, Amsoil -- go with a quality fuel system cleaner and have a piece of mind overall.

Great advice ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by ernied
is the dollar tree injector cleaner any good.? I have been using chevron cleaner

"Dollar Store" and "any good" is an oxymoron.

Its one of the other, Not both.

Get Techron on sale.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Donald

Get Techron on sale.

On the injector cleaner I agree with you. Not on everything though. I purchased a lot of American XT engine oil and transmission fluid from Family Dollar in the past for vehicles I was working on at home. It was bottled by Warren and had the most modern api specification along with the symbol. Priced similar to Super Tech but the closest WalMart was 15 miles from me at the time and Family Dollar was in town.

Originally Posted by cb_13

Get Techron on sale.

On the injector cleaner I agree with you. Not on everything though. I purchased a lot of American XT engine oil and transmission fluid from Family Dollar in the past for vehicles I was working on at home. It was bottled by Warren and had the most modern api specification along with the symbol. Priced similar to Super Tech but the closest WalMart was 15 miles from me at the time and Family Dollar was in town.

I would trust Walmart to not have fake oil. But not Family Dollar or Dollar Tree

like top tier gas injectors have some benefits, BUT NOT for cleaning valves in DI only vehicles!

Originally Posted by cb_13

Get Techron on sale.

I would trust Walmart to not have fake oil. But not Family Dollar or Dollar Tree

If either of the Warrens bottled it and it has the API seals on it, I doubt if Dollar Tree (now owns Family Dollar) or even Dollar General would totally fake things. Some mom and pop bodega in Cleveland, that's another story. As far as injector cleaner, PEA is the magic ingredient.

Last edited:

No, don't waste your time. As others have said, buy I quality FI cleaner or don't do anything.

You will likely need CRC GDI Intake Cleaner Spray. Follow the directions.
For the tank, any cleaner with PEA, like Techron Concentrate.

All you need!

61nvVLXxOGL._SX425_.jpg

Originally Posted by Malo83
All you need!

I will use only a top tier fuel and be better ahead than adding 8 ounces of cleaner to all that fuel and hope it does miracles.

Best i have used is $3 bottle of B12 Chemtool in tank of gas. I have had clogged injectors that inside 5 miles there was a big difference. B12 is not compatible with diesel....use seafoam.

Back