Do you try to book on widebodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got lots of widebodies* on domestic routes.

Our 787-10 order was all configured for domestic operations. I've flown 767-300 and 767-400 on lots of domestic flights recently. IAH-EWR for example.

I flew a 767-300 MCO-EWR just last week.

*for purposes of this discussion, let's call twin-aisle airplanes widebodies, since it's the twin-aisle advantage that's being discussed. In my heart, only the 747 is a real widebody.

Everything else is just another light twin.

Originally Posted by Astro14
We've got lots of widebodies* on domestic routes.

Our 787-10 order was all configured for domestic operations. I've flown 767-300 and 767-400 on lots of domestic flights recently. IAH-EWR for example.

I flew a 767-300 MCO-EWR just last week.

*for purposes of this discussion, let's call twin-aisle airplanes widebodies, since it's the twin-aisle advantage that's being discussed. In my heart, only the 747 is a real widebody.

Everything else is just another light twin.

I have booked flight with you guys from LAX to DEN next April on 777. So, yeah, there are a lot in service on domestic routes.
On other hand, I am trying to avoid 757 on intercontinental routes like a plague.

Last edited:
Only widebody I have ever been on was a Delta Lockheed L1011 in the early 80s. My wife and I just fly domestic first class...personal preference is row 2, rt side, works out fine on 738/739 and A320/321. Have a snack and drinks at the Sky Club and we're off and running.

Flown lots of airlines and the long haul air frames … some singles before or after.
Many airlines buy similar seats these days but can vary from plane to plane.
(like some have been upgraded and others in line to be).

I find SeatGuru to be a decent resource to see the layout and avoid what might be a noisy area etc.

Always. My favorite commute home from MCO was 767 reposition flights to PHL on US Airways. 97% empty or close to it. Snag a first class seat and take a 2 hour nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back