Planned Changes at Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by diyjake
^ That is so true. Mazda is making sweet vehicle these days.

Mazda makes great looking but uncomfortable vehicles. Have you sat in a Cx-5 or M6? Where do you put your arms? All style, no comfort. Also, no touch screen? Seriously?

I drove a 2018 3 last year and it was very comfortable...the seat scooped around me which was different but nice.

I can't comment on the touchscreen...that factors about 0% in my car tastes so I don't really even notice them unless I'm backing up in a tight space or something.

If you like paying made in USA or Japan prices for a made in Mexico vehicle, sure.

I made a lot of money selling them, I wouldn't own one. There are plenty of better choices out there imo.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx

If you like paying made in USA or Japan prices for a made in Mexico vehicle, sure.

That is one or two particular models. The majority of their vehicles are assembled in Hiroshima.

At least Mexican workers aren't on strike all the time.

They need to close the design center in California and move it back to Japan. it used to be Honda and Toyota were neck and neck for building the highest quality cars in the world. Now Toyota is alone at the top. That's why their cars and trucks hold their value so well.

Originally Posted by PimTac

That is one or two particular models. The majority of their vehicles are assembled in Hiroshima.

OK, so it's either a grossly overpriced Mexican car, or a radioactive car.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
They need to close the design center in California and move it back to Japan. it used to be Honda and Toyota were neck and neck for building the highest quality cars in the world. Now Toyota is alone at the top. That's why their cars and trucks hold their value so well.

Highest quality in what regard? They make reliable vehicles sure, but there is more to "quality" than just sheer reliability... unless you want an anesthetized, anodyne appliance on 4 wheels.

Or maybe I'm the weird one for never having sat in a Toyota and thought "This right here is the epitome of quality!"

Hiroshima's radiation level is equal to average world background radiation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac

That is a stupid remark.

are you insuating Mexicans cannot build a good car?

Interesting article, it's good to see something is being done instead of continuing in blissful ignorance as sales and reputation slide. But... comparing the Accord to the now-discontinued Chevy Malibu? Really? Why not talk about the REAL competition? Honda sells 2 Accords for every Malibu, and Toyota almost 3 Camry's.

Originally Posted by philipp10

are you insuating Mexicans cannot build a good car?

Perhaps he is insinuating that the American car companies building vehicles in Mexico for Japanese car prices might be the real problem.

You drive FCA vehicles and are commenting on Toyota quality? Wow.

I'm sorry I refuse to drink the "Toyota is the bestest at EVERYTHING!" Kool-Aid. Well, no... no I'm not. You zealots think that everything else is junk, and god forbid someone doesn't share your opinion.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
You drive FCA vehicles and are commenting on Toyota quality? Wow.

I'm sorry I refuse to drink the "Toyota is the bestest at EVERYTHING!" Kool-Aid. Well, no... no I'm not. You zealots think that everything else is junk, and god forbid someone doesn't share your opinion.

I agree. If you go back to the late 70s until the mid 90s it's true that Toyota and Honda made by far some of the most reliable and durable cars out there, but it isn't true anymore.
I was old enough in my teens, to remember just how good these cars were, they beat the cars they are making today! Amazing attention to the smallest details, extremely precise design, amazing durability, and ease of repair and low cost of operations, great fuel economy too. the Hondas were also fun to drive especially around the late 80s - mid 90s.

my first year 16 Civic Coupe Touring 1.5T is still rated best in class and very reliable (55k), we deal with the dilution using a MityVac..no biggie.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
All they have to do is stop using the 1.5T
27.gif

The 1.5LT is a good motor. Experiencing the dilution issues for myself had me a little on edge especially when the wife is the primary driver. No abnormal noises or anything. At that point she traded the 18 CRV for a 19 Pilot because she wanted something bigger.

Originally Posted by dblshock
my first year 16 Civic Coupe Touring 1.5T is still rated best in class and very reliable (55k), we deal with the dilution using a MityVac..no biggie.

We didn't experience any dilution issues until the 20K mark. 6K interval had 1.5 qrts of fuel. No noises at all.

Got the 1.5T in the 18 CRV. Don't have any dilution problems at all at 35K. But, she averages about 90 miles a day. Most of what I read on the dilution issues have cold, short trips in common. I know it shouldn't be an issue, but there's a lot things going on in that engine to squeeze out the economy and HP it puts out. Nothing like the Ford's Focus dry clutch transmission problems that they knew about way before they let it go into production. On dilution, lot's have been having a good results switching from the 0W-20 to either a 5W-20 or 5W-30 spec oil.

Originally Posted by buster
Interesting. Mazda has eclipsed Honda in quality and design IMO. They don't appear to be what they once were. Still solid, but they need some improvements.

Attractive, good handling, and reliable vehicles but have a reputation for rusting out. Only reason why I don't want to risk buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back