Do you use one filter brand or many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by natas
All my vehicles get WIX filters. When I was younger, and didn't know any better, I did go with FRAM (reg/tough guard). I avoid that altogether now. I didn't know I could tape up cardboard with electrical tape for about the same protection
wink.gif

Get your facts straight. Fram filters don't use cardboard.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
All my vehicles get WIX filters. When I was younger, and didn't know any better, I did go with FRAM (reg/tough guard). I avoid that altogether now. I didn't know I could tape up cardboard with electrical tape for about the same protection
wink.gif

It gets thick, doesn't it? And it is usually from somebody new that feels they need to inform us with their unique knowledge about this subjecct.

I use many different ones, sticking to the quality names mentioned in this thread. Try to avoid the no-name jobber type filters that some oil change places use. Even WM TLE uses a name brand filter with QS oil for their $20 Pit Crew oil change.

Originally Posted by kschachn
wink.gif

It gets thick, doesn't it? And it is usually from somebody new that feels they need to inform us with their unique knowledge about this subjecct.

Not my knowledge:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/314726/Fram_responds_to_Cardboard

* The tough guards are prob better, I just don't use them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kschachn
wink.gif

Not my knowledge:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/314726/Fram_responds_to_Cardboard

* The tough guards are prob better, I just don't use them.

From the 1st post in the link:

"Fram engineers perform hot oil circulation tests on the filter element and also regularly cut open used filters to examine how well they have withstood the rigors of actual use on a vehicle."

Apparently, Purolator was never doing that or else they would have acknowledged their tearing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back