Saw a brand new Kia Telluride yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've seen one up close. It's a sharp looking rig. Interior was very nice.

The owner has had it for a few months now but she loves it. Super comfortable.

I can see why it won SUV of the year.

A bit luxurious for my tastes, but pretty nice vehicles otherwise. I do like that it's the traditional 2 box SUV shape. There was a youtuber who had one for a few months from a dealer with a lift kit and towed an off road trailer for 'overlanding'. Seemed to do pretty well.

Kia has yet another winner on its hands!
Love my '12 Optima SX and plan on driving the wheels off her!

That funky Soul is also a hot seller and I drool over the Stinger GT2 (or GTS).

It is a nice vehicle. And just won Motortrend SUV of the year award. Glad to know that it is made in America. Now if GM would just do the same.

A friend was looking at one but she decided to get a GX460 instead.

They are sharp looking, almost has a little bit of that British boldness as one gets from a Rover/Jag/Bentley or a Rolls-Royce.

Both the Telluride and the Palisades are selling real strong for a brand new model.

Gonna bug the haters here on BITOG.

If these were $ 10 - 15 K LESS than a Honda or Toyota, maybe.

But they cost roughly the same, and Kia / Hyundai resale value is generally poor compared to the top Japanese brands.

Originally Posted by geeman789

But they cost roughly the same, and Kia / Hyundai resale value is generally poor compared to the top Japanese brands.

This is a myth perpetuated by the Internet. When you look at SELLING PRICES and then resale Prices they are not "poor". Do they trail A LITTLE BEHIND the Japanese yes-but they are not "poor".

BTW-Motor Trend just named the Tellurdie "SUV ON THE YEAR".

Also-check out the transmission issues the first year (2016) of this new redesigned Pilot and you can see how lousy the programming was on their new transmission.

The 2016 Honda Pilot is almost a perfect car except that it has major, major transmission problems that aren't readily evident in just a test drive. We just purchased a 2016 Honda Elite and the transmission really is a mess. It can't find gears correctly, when on a downhill and you brake the car actually speeds up because it upshifts while you are braking, there are head-jerking episodes that are unexplained, when trying to climb hills it downshifts so much that you actually fight the car to try to get it up the hill. We are so disappointed I can't even tell you. We paid $51,000 for this car at a Honda dealer in Northern Virginia and it only has 265 miles on it and my wife refuses to drive it anymore. She was in tears at the dealership and they, so far, have taken no ownership of the problem. By the way, if you think that this is just us then go and look at other reviews on forums for the Pilots on the Internet. It is known that the 9 speed has a real problem. Honda does not seem to be addressing this which is shocking given that it is happening on the 2 highest end models -- Touring and Elite. But I'm getting the feeling that they don't care or don't know how to fix it. With literally just 265 miles on the car we have listed it for sale. We are going to take a major loss on this car and get rid of it right away. I have nothing but the worst feelings about Honda as a company and brand. Do not buy

https://www.edmunds.com/honda/pilot/2016/consumer-reviews/review-717953847320838144/

It seems everyone who buys a Honda or Toyota keeps them forever, so why worry about resale value if you're never going to get rid of it?

Good to know ! My Pilot has the 6-speed auto.

Maybe you can post some negative stuff on Hyundai / Kia now ? 'Cause there isn't much of THAT lately ...

lol.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722

It seems everyone who buys a Honda or Toyota keeps them forever, so why worry about resale value if you're never going to get rid of it?

The older Honda / Toyotas were built very very well. The newer ones, not so sure ...

But people still THINK they are better built, so they seem willing to pay more for used ones.

The older Honda / Toyotas were built very very well. The newer ones, not so sure ...

But people still THINK they are better built, so they seem willing to pay more for used ones.

I dont know why people keep saying that....the new Toyotas arent built as well as the older ones? How so? How we would we even know yet?! I think time will answer that question but I dont think we can make that statement yet.

Maybe you can post some negative stuff on Hyundai / Kia now ? 'Cause there isn't much of THAT lately ...

lol.gif

Maybe you didn't get the part about the 9 speed transmission (see above).

Originally Posted by CKN

lol.gif

Maybe you didn't get the part about the 9 speed transmission (see above).

Uh huh .

And you clearly didn't get the sarcasm ...

Cheers.

The Telluride is the clear winner in looks over the Palisades. Hard to believe they both have the same DNA. The T looks classy, the P looks dorky.

I agree. The front end and the grill of the Kia really sets it off better in my personal view. That same view translates to all the Kia models as well.

When you see that front end you know it's a Kia. With the Hyundai it's more like many other brands until you see the badge.

just another unibody with weak sauce driveline, overland? lmao, fine for mom type duty's ...I can imagine all the warranty issues and countless hours at the shop...looks like an Explorer this is certainly no Toyota 120.

Last edited:

Exactly! Every post of BITOG makes it sound as if 99% of everyone here keeps their vehicles for +300K miles...at least that what I assume when people are obsessed/concerned that iron is up 3ppm...lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back