Using a 7.1 receiver with only 2 speakers

Well, isn't this a pleasant experience
55.gif

My $10.00 TX-SR606 cleaned up like new and all the functions work (audio functions - I don't care about HDMI etc)
This thing sounds "SWEET" with the Alesis speakers. You have to be close to axis with the speakers, they seem to have a pretty small "sweet spot" but if you are in the sweet spot it is like Sennheiser headphones .. right into your head.

Thank you all for the input .. thanks Pete for the manual.

This 75 yr old hippie is rockin' on with some great Detroit music - letting a little Cleveland in too.

Glad to hear it's working well.

I myself scored an older Kenwood receiver off craigslist for $10 a while back for garage stereo duty. It worked great. I did have a powered sub hooked up as well to help with the bass, so technically that was a 2.1 setup.

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
I was working at the thrift shop and someone brought in an old pair of Allison AL120 speakers to donate.
I have them home right now test running on my $10.00 Onkyo receiver .....
They're sweet !! I may have to see if I can scoop them up for $10.00 as well
cool.gif

With that inward facing woofer it should have some pretty tight bass, I always thought sealed speakers sounded better than speakers with ports.

It should have a setting for Stereo Only. That way you will get all the sounds through two speakers only.

Mate, you can check https://www.digitalprosound.com/best-6x9-speakers-reviews/ there you can find good reviews about speakers, I think you will find what you are looking for. I was looking for one some time ago and I found Rockford R169X2 Full-Range Coaxial. It is a nice site with great reviews on different subjects such as printers, dishes, speakers and so on ... you can find practically everything there. I do not know why, but today on the market it is a big choice of products and to select a really good item become very difficult.

Back