'20 Hyundai Sonata -- Wow-ee! Looks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image from cnet1.cbsistatic.com]
[Linked Image from images.hgmsites.net]

Hard to explain why I think the styling is right. Car and Driver already said the silver strip along the hood sides is "polarizing".
Looking like the only 2 engine choices are a 1.6T & 2.0T, no non-turbo offered. 2019 had a 2.4L sans-turbo DI.

Hyundai is retarded. The lower two trims have 191 horsepower while the top two trims have 180 horsepower via a 1.6L GDI-T and less EPA highway gas mileage to boot.

Sharp looking car IMO. Interior looks nice too, in the photos I've seen. I'd put it on the go-look-at list if I was in the market.

Nice to see some new/updated cars coming out, it's not all doom and gloom for the traditional three box design!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wemay
I love it too but i may be considered biased. They're also MPI and GDI.

OK, now I see there is a new non-turbo 2.5L with both DI & port injection, nice. That would be my pick. Not sure I'd need a turbo really.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Body looks like a Mercedes Benz. No, I'm not kidding.
I know, like Hyundai's Genesis division, they have been chasing some good styling for a while now.

Originally Posted by paoester
Hard to explain why I think the styling is right. Car and Driver already said the silver strip along the hood sides is "polarizing".
Looking like the only 2 engine choices are a 1.6T & 2.0T, no non-turbo offered. 2019 had a 2.4L sans-turbo DI.

The base engine is a 2.5 liter directed and port injected mill.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Body looks like a Mercedes Benz.

No, I'm not kidding.
They ruined it with that hideous wing that wraps around the sides and questionable front lower valence. It would have been a poor man's Benz, especially with that interior.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Hyundai dropped the 2.0 turbo engine for 2020.

They will introduce the 2.5T later in 2020.

Not sure how to feel about the exterior.

But that interior looks incredible.

Hmmm, maybe in a couple years I'll find another ex-rental Sonata and get another screaming deal
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back