2021 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe Revealed

Specs coming later tonight.

All-new T1 chassis with independent rear suspension.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God that's an ugly truck... with a terrible interior.

Give me a new Durango any day. To be fair, the Expedition doesn't look any nicer. There isn't a lot to choose from in the large domestic SUV area.

Do automakers ever use wind tunnels these days ? It seems that designing for lowered wind resistance has disappeared except in sports cars and electrics.

Folks may as well get used to those big screens up high - they are safer up there and there is not enough space to bury the large screens in the dash unless they go "portrait" and then they get down low again.
Mopar might be a pretty way to do it - but people needs heads up to drive. Safety First.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Folks may as well get used to those big screens up high - they are safer up there and there is not enough space to bury the large screens in the dash unless they go "portrait" and then they get down low again.
Mopar might be a pretty way to do it - but people needs heads up to drive. Safety First.

I see why they do that, but in a vehicle like at truck or suburban, i wish there was no screen at all. The more i see this stuff , the less i want to move newer from my avalanche.

Independent suspension is necessary to increase space in third row. Third row is seriously crampined in current and previous models as floor is too high. Expedition is much better, and that is due to independent suspension there.

My issue is that everything is now connected as in electronically and via internet. So now things need updated all the time. I read about it all the time on the GM forum how recalls are coming out for an update to a module and such. Vehicles are going to be like computers and they will not run due to the electronics crashing. Why can't the updates just be done via the vehicles WiFi? Schedule a time when you are no using it like at night while your in bed and let it update.

Also on the new Silverado, There are some having no brakes, super hard pedal and then after the vehicle sits for a few minutes they get back in and all is well. No CEL nothing to indicate a problem.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Originally Posted by spasm3
the wheels look too big.

That's every vehicle made in at least the last 20 years.

I don't know why everyone thinks bigger wheels look cool. I think it was the kids. But the kids aren't really buying cars these days so I don't know how the automakers got it into their minds to start a race to the biggest rim.

Meanwhile regular consumers are stuck with bent/crack rims and flat tires.

I wonder how big those wheels are... 24"? To some larger wheels look cool but big wheel cars generally ride stiffly and tires can get pricy. My XLT has 18" wheels and I love it. Smooth....

Originally Posted by double vanos
I wonder how big those wheels are... 24"? To some larger wheels look cool but big wheel cars generally ride stiffly and tires can get pricy. My XLT has 18" wheels and I love it. Smooth....

18" (standard)
20" (optional)
22" (optional)

If you're buying a $75,000 Suburban, the extra $75 for a
22" tire vs an 18" almost meaningless.

Nothing unexpected... pretty much what I'd figure it would be. Sure is ugly though, and something seems wrong about an independent rear suspension in a Suburban.

It's too bad they never built an SUV with the 14-15 Silverado front end, that would have looked nice I think.

I don't hate it, I think it could have looked better.

No 3/4 ton option. This makes me sad.

Even though I don't like the front end they will sell a bunch. I can't believe the all the 2020 trucks I see with the new front end.

Again like I said in the Hyundai thread, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Back