18 Tundra 5.7 Toyota 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my second UOA done on my 18 Tundra. I'm curious what the SI level is in Toyota 0w20 VOA?

BC6D4D9D-7176-4098-A3FF-31DF59468F24.jpeg

Last edited:
In a new engine the silicon is from the sealants used in the engine manufacturing process. They will decrease with time. Another source is the air intake. Make sure yours is sealed up properly and in good working order.

A good looking report all in all.

Originally Posted by PimTac
In a new engine the silicon is from the sealants used in the engine manufacturing process. They will decrease with time. Another source is the air intake. Make sure yours is sealed up properly and in good working order.

A good looking report all in all.

Right on PimTac! I'm keep an eye on the air box. Not a big fan of its design. Also the USA made denso air filter is not as consistent as the Japan denso. The Toyota parts guy thinks I'm nuts because I look at a few of them before selecting one. The rubberized foam is not as good imo.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
That the best new engine report I've seen. Lot of highway?

Toyota for ya.....

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
That the best new engine report I've seen. Lot of highway?

Thanks, makes me feel better hearing that! Not a lot of highway. I live in the foothills, work commute is a hilly 7 miles each way. Just enough to get her up to temp daily.

You might find this an oddball question but do you recall or can verify if the TGMO you used last was copyright 2015 or 2017 on the bottle?

I'm curious because of the moly levels.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by dippschtick
You might find this an oddball question but do you recall or can verify if the TGMO you used last was copyright 2015 or 2017 on the bottle?

thumbsup2.gif

2017 version.

1F661FF0-36D3-475B-927E-6E46D3F93706.jpeg

Originally Posted by OCDoiler
Originally Posted by dippschtick

thumbsup2.gif

2017 version.

Thanks. Unless there is a newer version out (I haven't seen it) Toyota seems to be keeping the moly up. Not seeing an SN+ rating so I wonder if they'll be changing the recipe in the near future.

But I guess with Toyota's D-4S engines there is no need for SN+?

4th oil change on the 3URFE. I'm not driving this truck a lot so I'm going to continue with 6 month oil/filter changes regardless of low mileage...

970F8F7B-360E-4E3E-816F-350B35380123.jpeg

Last edited:
That is as good as it gets. Another stellar Toyota report.

At 3400 miles I would certainly hope so. Seems rather wasteful to me.

Originally Posted by RTexasF
That is as good as it gets. Another stellar Toyota report.

At 3400 miles I would certainly hope so. Seems rather wasteful to me.

A lot of short trips under 10 miles. Rather be over cautious. I am trying to force myself to do the oil filter once a year, but my OCD gets in the way of that..

This is a GDI engine if I'm not mistaken so 5000 miles oci for short trips is prudent. I wouldn't worry about the silicon. It still a new motor and the numbers are trending down nicely.

Looks like a winner.

No, sequential port injection.

His UOA looks similar to mine @ 7000 miles, though my Copper and Iron numbers are lower. These 5.7 Toyotas are top shelf quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back