How will you do most of your Christmas shopping this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon and On Line ,, I am home rehabbing major shoulder surgery and bouncing through crowds with 1 arm in a sling for 8 more weeks would make me crazy

Originally Posted by cb_13
The majority of my Christmas shopping was done at a comic book convention this year. My nephews are really into superheroes so I picked up some signed prints of their favorite characters and got them framed.

For my kids it's mostly books and clothes. Probably a 75/25 online to local retailer split.

That is cool

Half online, half in stores. I try to shop anywhere but Amazon when possible because of them banning certain mainstream religious groups from their Amazon Smile program at the demand of the Southern Poverty Law Center hate group.
I have bought nothing from them this season.

In the store when possible. I like to look at an item before I purchase it. When I order auto parts, I usually go through AZ, O'Reilly, or AAP if the price is comparable which it is a lot of the time.
This makes it easy to say no thanks if the box looks roughed up or return if it's the wrong part. Plus, I would hate for my local brick and mortar stores to close. I enjoy going to them and it helps keep several jobs in the community.

The local supermkt . I bought a yard of Twix for Marina. Everyone is happier if we shop for ourselves..
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

A lot of gifts to self and family and others are charitable donations given in their name.

"Hey cousin Bob I donated $500 to salvation army in your name.. Merry Christmas?" ??

How does that work exactly? do you claim the tax credit? Do you ask them what cause they want it donated to?

NO, I'm using STD deduction now that I'm retired, and though our Mortgage ( HELOC ) Interest is low, and property taxes exorbitant, I cant even approach the married STD deduction amount or $ 24,400.00 this year.

All I got is Wife, Mother in law and half brother left. All the In- laws kids are 30 somethings now (!)

My wife came back form Walmart the other day and said, " I just gave one hundered dollars worth of toys to "Toys for Tots" program.

I said " That's a nice Christmas gift, Thank you
smile.gif
"

I support local Meals on Wheels and Médecins sans Frontieres regularly.

I wouldnt mind any hints on another worthwhilecharity. I did give a lot to Shriners Hospital for Children a couple years ago.

I'm not mother teresa in the slightest sense, maybe just promoting the Giving aspect - and avoiding most vacuous tech doo-hickies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back