Planned Changes at Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
back years ago honda kept new models-tested- overseas then when the bugs were out sold them in USA. they need to better lookin as well!

(Is Automotive News great or what?)
A previous article mentioned the infamous 1.5L turbo fuel dilution problems. https://www.autonews.com/regulation-safety/honda-appears-weather-quality-issues

They should just put the 2020 Accord's hybrid powertrain (scaled up & down) in everything and be done with it. It eliminates 80% of transmission complexity, and only uses a small 1.3 kWH Li-ion battery (compare to typically 60+ kWH in EVs). No turbo required, as electric motor torque handles giddy-up. Hybrids have unlimited range. High MPG, low emissions for the future. Negotiate with big world cities for the right to drive clean hybrids like that downtown, and you're good to go. Done. I've just solved all Honda's problems between 2022-2040.

Sorry Honda, never will we buy another. Engine block porosity, really. Needs a new engine. Transmission blows a RTV seal. Rebuilt transmission as not willing to reseal. Both sliding doors failed. Axial play in camshaft takes out the position sensors. Dishonest dealer. Nope, never another Honda

All they have to do is stop using the 1.5T
27.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
All they have to do is stop using the 1.5T
27.gif

There's nothing wrong with the 1.5T. Most TGDI engines have fuel dilution issues and they still live a long time.

When my 2015 Pilot with 25000 miles gave me trouble dealership and other thought I was making it up. But this article and an independent shop proved other wise

I love Honda but the company's been resting on its laurels for a while now. Hopefully, it will return to its former glory.

Interesting. Mazda has eclipsed Honda in quality and design IMO. They don't appear to be what they once were. Still solid, but they need some improvements.

Originally Posted by diyjake
^ That is so true. Mazda is making sweet vehicle these days.

Mazda makes great looking but uncomfortable vehicles. Have you sat in a Cx-5 or M6? Where do you put your arms? All style, no comfort. Also, no touch screen? Seriously?

Originally Posted by BLND1

Mazda makes great looking but uncomfortable vehicles. Have you sat in a Cx-5 or M6? Where do you put your arms? All style, no comfort. Also, no touch screen? Seriously?

Best looking interiors that rival more expensive models, great fuel economy and trouble free GDI engines (2.0L & 2.5L). Underpowered but reliable.

And arguably the best new AWD system on the market.

Originally Posted by BLND1

My arm goes on the arm rest. The touchscreen works if you are stopped. If you are playing with the touchscreen then you shouldn't be driving. The Commander knob works very well

It's really not that hard Honda has the recipe, go back and introduce the processes and culture that Soichiro Honda implemented originally.

There really is NO excuse at Honda today, what happened was after Soichiro passed away the executives stopped practicing those lessons. It's a shame and I am
sure that if he was still around today heads would roll until things were righted again.

However sales besides the CX-5 do not translate to much. I wish it was not so tiny as it was nice vehicle in our search for compact SUV.

My wife heard some bad things from coworkers about the recent generation CRV and did not like it whatsoever in test drive to my dismay. She ended up with poor reputation VW (Tiguan) that has been flawless except for pollen plugged sunroof drains over 52k.

Modern cars are made from parts sourced worldwide based on price and thus all makes except for maybe Toyota have lower quality than 5-10 years ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dareo
Modern cars are made from parts sourced worldwide based on price and thus all makes except for maybe Toyota have lower quality than 5-10 years ago.

Honda just doesn't have the same control over their supply chain like Toyota does. Hitachi Automotive Systems, which counts Nissan(and by extension the rest of the Nissan-Renault-Mitsu alliance as well as the legacy connection to Subaru) as their primary customer just took over Honda's supply base of Keihin, Showa and Nissin. Takata counted Honda as a major client. Toyota still has financial and management control of Denso/Aisin/Advics/JTEKT/Tokai Rika but those companies have been getting more business outside of Toyota.

Honda has been using more outside suppliers recently. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but Honda lost their vertical integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back