"Engine ice"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Hy-Per Lube super coolant (equivalent to water wetter) in my Corvette a couple times and I noticed a couple degrees cooler operation (digital gauge) in equal running conditions and temperatures: highway cruising at 70, super flat road for many miles, 85F degree ambient temps. I have done this drive over and over for many years so I do have some basis for comparison. It's not enough improvement for someone like me to continue using it because I am mostly an everyday driver. But I believe it does work and may be a good thing for hard driving people to use.

Originally Posted by DGXR
I have used Hy-Per Lube super coolant (equivalent to water wetter) in my Corvette a couple times and I noticed a couple degrees cooler operation (digital gauge) in equal running conditions and temperatures: highway cruising at 70, super flat road for many miles, 85F degree ambient temps. I have done this drive over and over for many years so I do have some basis for comparison. It's not enough improvement for someone like me to continue using it because I am mostly an everyday driver. But I believe it does work and may be a good thing for hard driving people to use.

Under steady-state conditions as you describe, isn't the coolant temperature regulated by the thermostat? How would the additive affect the set point of the thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back