2015 Ford Fiesta ST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST with about 85k on it and change the oil today with Mobil 1 AFE 0w30 and a MC FL400s.

I am wondering if I can push out the oil changes longer since I commute 100miles round trip each day.
I have been doing 5k OCI and have owned the car since it had 60k on it.
I am doing 5K OCIS because its a turbo with GDI. That is also why I run 0w30 or 5w30 vs 5w20.

My commute is mostly highway with a lot of stop and go on the way home. I am just trying to save some money if possible and would like to stick with mobil 1.

Thanks

Does your Fiesta have the IOLM?
smile.gif

I'd switch to a cheaper dexos oil like supertech but I wouldn't go to a longer interval.

Sounds crazy but your issue is going to be fuel dilution and soot from the direct injection. Only way to compensate for this is to change the oil.

I would stay at 5,000-5,500 miles. Cost of doing business with a small GDI turbo. In Minnesota and short tripping in 10F -20F, I change my Hyundai 1.6T out at 3,000-3,500. Rough service is 3,750. At least you burn off more of your fuel dilution then I do in AZ. I still have `some soot, and want a healthy timing chain at 75,000+. Cost of owning a small GDI turbo.

Originally Posted by daemontrym
I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST with about 85k on it and change the oil today with Mobil 1 AFE 0w30 and a MC FL400s.

I am wondering if I can push out the oil changes longer since I commute 100miles round trip each day.
I have been doing 5k OCI and have owned the car since it had 60k on it.
I am doing 5K OCIS because its a turbo with GDI. That is also why I run 0w30 or 5w30 vs 5w20.

My commute is mostly highway with a lot of stop and go on the way home. I am just trying to save some money if possible and would like to stick with mobil 1.

Thanks

Just use what is on the oil cap. If the engineers designed it for that, it will be fine. They are not going to spec an oil that destroys the engine.

If it was a timing change by all means

But its a timing belt with a 125K change interval

Originally Posted by Doublehaul
I'd switch to a cheaper dexos oil like supertech but I wouldn't go to a longer interval.

Sounds crazy but your issue is going to be fuel dilution and soot from the direct injection. Only way to compensate for this is to change the oil.

This ^^^^

I would suggest 5w30 Quaker State. Run your filter for two 5K OCIs.

I had a '16 FiST and did a few UOAs on it. One of them was ~10k miles on Castrol 0w-40 iirc. Everything looked normal and most of my driving was mixed city/highway. And Ford's recommendation is 10k mile oci's on 5w-20 syn-blend anyways.

I had ~12k miles on M1 0w-20 AFE and was going to do one last UOA on it, but ended up no longer having the car.

I say go for it and do a couple UOAs if it helps put your mind at ease.

Last edited:
In Europe these engines are specified for a 5w30 ACEA A5/B5 oil with Ford M2C-WSS913-D approval. Ford allows 12,500miles or 1 year intervals and they've been a very reliable engine.

I ran 5w-20 in mine with full stage 3 tune. It hit 260+ Oil temp several times. Never any oil issues (leased).

Originally Posted by daemontrym
If it was a timing change by all means

But its a timing belt with a 125K change interval

That's great news...I honestly assumed a timing chain or chains. You know what they say about assumptions LOL

In a DI engine id still go cheapest dexos 1 5w30 oil at a 5k oci to deal with the fuel etc.

There was a time that I hated timing belts...I've never been so wrong about something

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Doublehaul
There was a time that I hated timing belts...I've never been so wrong about something

Boy, been there, done that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back