How dumb can she get, and what comes next?

I had to post this in the humor section because it is bad enough to either make one laugh or cry.

When my niece was learning to drive about 20 years ago I was one of the persons who gave her some driving lessons. One of the things I tried to drum into to her is that if the oil light ever came on that she had to pull over immediately and shut the engine off and get some oil and put it in the engine. Well, that must of gone in one ear and out the other.

Her parents bought her her first car, a Red Pontiac Sunbird. One day after she tried to start that car and it would not start she came back into the house and reported that her car would not start. Some checked the engine and found that the oil did not register on the dip-stick. They asked her if the oil light had been on, and she said yes. They asked her how long had the oil light been on, and she said three days. The engine was totaled and the cost to replace it was more than the car was worth.

Well she learned the importance of shutting off the engine if the oil light came on.

Now, many years later, she has a degree in biology. You would think with a degree like that that she would have a background in chemistry, and some background in physics, and at least a basic understanding of how a cars engine works. But apparently not. Recently she noticed that the gas gauge of her vehicle was low and it needed gas. She did not have the money to put gas in it so she filled it with water.

Sometimes people who have no idea of what they are doing can come up with doing something so stupid that it is beyond anything you could dream up.

I have to wonder what's next?

WoW!

Maybe she's working on propagating a certain notorious green plant and partaking?

it's not Algae to biofuel that's for sure ...

Wow!

Im also betting that she also votes.

My mother needed gas and puled into a full service station and asked the attendent if he would stick a yardstick into the cars tank and measure how much was in there so she would know how much to purchsse.

She saw hi m measure the underground tanks, Sooooooooooooooooooo.

Yes she also voted.

TOMB
Convert

How much of a donation did she give the school to get her degree!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Convert
My mother needed gas and puled into a full service station and asked the attendent if he would stick a yardstick into the cars tank and measure how much was in there so she would know how much to purchsse.

She saw hi m measure the underground tanks, Sooooooooooooooooooo.

Yes she also voted.

TOMB
Convert

We checked fuel level in our ford golden harvester , and international 140 tractors with a tobacco stick.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
How did she get the water into the gas tank? That would be very difficult on my car, must be much easier on others?

Funnel?

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
...she has a degree in biology. You would think with a degree like that that she would have a background in chemistry, and some background in physics, and at least a basic understanding of how a cars engine works.

She has a degree in biology and you somehow think that coursework involves learning/studying how an engine works ?

Originally Posted by Chris142
She is what we refer to as an overeducated idiot.

Indeed that is what a lot of so called "institutions of higher learning" are producing in the USA, I'd say an overwhelming majority are exactly that.

Yep. My stepdaughter is a school teacher with a masters degree and she is the self proclaimed smartest person in the family.

Guess what... She is not.

The goofy stories like that never end. She has not put water in the gas tank but she does other stuff that usually ends up costing her way too much money to fix.

My wife, to my amazement, said out loud that our fifteen year old is her smartest kid. My stepdaughter flipped. My stepson is currently in the police academy. Hes no rocket scientist either. Good kid but certainly no mechanic. Police Dept will be a good fit for him.

OP, I just have to qualify it with this, but if your story is really true, I am surprised that your niece graduated with a degree in biology. With actions like hers, would you ever take a chance eating a dinner that she prepared? Her ignorance (stupidity) is not normal and she's potentially dangerous. Thankfully she's not an RN or something where she would probably harm or kill someone.

Scott

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by The_Nuke
How did she get the water into the gas tank? That would be very difficult on my car, must be much easier on others?

Funnel?

Yeah, I'm still leaning toward calling BS.

Yes, I could fill my gas tank with water using a funnel, but not just any funnel, it would have to be a very specific shape and hardness to work. And that would limit the amount of liquid that could be poured at any given time. It would take me 2 days to pour in 19 gallons of water.

I realize my car is different from the one that supposedly got its gas tank filled with water, but still....if I were a betting man, and I had $5 to wager, I'd wager on this being BS, that's all I'm saying...

Back