STP S 2808 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good rainy evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

I picked up a 2012 Hyundai Sonata with 2.4 baseline 4cylinder for cheap as a extra winter car or if family may need to use it since they are moving back to PA. Odometer is at 89,334 miles. I didnt see a oil change sticker on windshield but local "good wheels" auto place that sells cars just did oil change on this car using STP Conventional 5w30. Found a oil change work order in glove box in owners manual. I'd say oil had maybe 100 miles on it, but I feel better now that it has MSHM 5W30 and a KIA/HYUNDAI OEM and OEM crush washer in and on
smile.gif

Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maybe you can keep some miles off the Camry also. Always nice to have a back up vehicle. Nice cut & post Adam -- keep up the good work buddy!!!

Dale

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Maybe you can keep some miles off the Camry also. Always nice to have a back up vehicle. Nice cut & post Adam -- keep up the good work buddy!!!

Dale

Well, I'm going to do a drain and fill on the auto trans tomorrow hopefully. Runs great and comfy
smile.gif

So that looks like a 6607 sized filter, good to get it off of there IMO.
Looks no different than many of the other made in China filters we see here. Nothing wrong with it, but probably priced higher than it should be for what it is.

Your right, not many miles on that oil and filter. I never thought much of a STP filter but the ones I've seen posted here look pretty good.

Thank you for the cut and post sir !

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Your right, not many miles on that oil and filter. I never thought much of a STP filter but the ones I've seen posted here look pretty good.

Thank you for the cut and post sir !

You are welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher
So that looks like a 6607 sized filter, good to get it off of there IMO.
Looks no different than many of the other made in China filters we see here. Nothing wrong with it, but probably priced higher than it should be for what it is.

Actually its same size as Hyundai Kia OEM filter
wink.gif

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
You better locate that gasket! Hopefully you did not double gasket the new filter.

It's still on baseplate. Picture I showed here is inside of baseplate
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by danez_yoda
You better locate that gasket! Hopefully you did not double gasket the new filter.

It's still on baseplate. Picture I showed here is inside of baseplate
grin.gif

33.gif

To funny 🤣

Last edited:
Thank you for another great C & P. Using the OEM filter is a wise choice IMO. Thanks again. Irishman

That S2808 looks good imo. Congrats on the vehicle purchase Adam and thanks again for the c&p. It's never taken for granted.

Seems your Sonata received an all AZ oil and filter change from the "good wheels" place. Topic STP blue filters are what replaced the previous and long time Champ made STP blue line up of filters. They were pretty similar to the current WM ST line with fewer consolidations. Same as here, all AZ STP filters now have China coo.

Obviously with such a low fci can't say much about filter post use results, but construction looks respectable. Like most this tier, for ~5k mi. oci/fci, should be fine. AZ did add a 7317 application to the new STP blue line, no consolidation to shorty 6607 used now.

You mentioned family moving back to PA, is that current NC residence family or other? Good luck with the Sonata.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Seems your Sonata received an all AZ oil and filter change from the "good wheels" place. Topic STP blue filters are what replaced the previous and long time Champ made STP blue line up of filters. They were pretty similar to the current WM ST line with fewer consolidations. Same as here, all AZ STP filters now have China coo.

Obviously with such a low fci can't say much about filter post use results, but construction looks respectable. Like most this tier, for ~5k mi. oci/fci, should be fine. AZ did add a 7317 application to the new STP blue line, no consolidation to shorty 6607 used now.

You mentioned family moving back to PA, is that current NC residence family or other? Good luck with the Sonata.

Thanks for c&p.

The mom and stepdad are moving from NC to be closer to grandkids.

The "good wheels" shop gets a lot of vehicles older folks have that no longer can drive, as well as some cars people donate to them. They give the vehicles a thorough once over, oil change and state and emissions inspection. Hard to go wrong with the Sonata also
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
That is a very nice filter cutter.

Yes, it's a longacre I got off Amazon for like $45~ on sale since I'm a prime member
smile.gif
works great as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back