You want a UOA on 5W20 Magnetec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife just told me her Subaru Crosstrek crossed the 60K mile mark, which means its time for an oil change. Boy, she drives around a lot!
Was thinking I might do another UOA this time on the Magnetec that is in there. I ran a 5w20 not the specified 0W20 across the Late Summer and into Fall. Since I did a UOA on Valvoline Advanced 0W20 we could have a ...

Valvoline vs.Castrol Synthetic Slamdown !

I know there are more than a couple guys with this engine, the data points may be helpful to some.

Whatcha Say Y'all?

Last edited:
Do it!
09.gif

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Wife just told me her Subaru Crosstrek crossed the 60K mile mark, which means its time for an oil change. Boy, she drives around a lot!
Was thinking I might do another UOA this time on the Magnetec that is in there. I ran a 5w20 not the specified 0W20 across the Late Summer and into Fall. Since I did a UOA on Valvoline Advanced 0W20 we could have a ...

Valvoline vs.Castrol Synthetic Slamdown !

I know there are more than a couple guys with this engine, the data points may be helpful to some.

Whatcha Say Y'all?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
I wonder what roll the weather would play in this, wouldn't it be better to run the test at the same time of year?

Weather about the same. temperature arc. Last was spring through mid summer this one midsummer through fall.

The previous oil was a next tier up though...
[Linked Image]

I got to order a Blackstone kit.

Heading to the website now ....

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
I wonder what roll the weather would play in this, wouldn't it be better to run the test at the same time of year?

Weather about the same. temperature arc. Last was spring through mid summer this one midsummer through fall.

The previous oil was a next tier up though...
[Linked Image]

I'm guessing the Magnetec will give similar results, I think they're the two best oils out there right now.
Not to derail this but I love those types of kitty images, here is my favorite one.
[Linked Image]

A "Showdown" based on only two uoa's??
09.gif
It appears some have not read Doug Hillary's uoa article.
48.gif

Forgive me for not posting cat memes.

Last edited:
Valvoline Advanced Synthetic has a very good add pack as does Castrol Magnatec by the UOA reports - get your popcorn , beverage and a front row seat for the show down !

Originally Posted by bluesubie
09.gif
48.gif

That's ok, we won't hold it against ya.. besides, only the cool kids do it....

09.gif
48.gif

Unforgivable.

[Linked Image]

09.gif
48.gif

No Its a "Slamdown"!

Will have to wait til mid December at least. Sorry

Last edited:
You're engine will never know the difference . Both add packs look identical with the introduction of Ti in VAS .Dexos 1 gen 2 specs much ado about nothing

This note is mainly for my records.

Sent the sample of 5W20 Magnatec** out to Blackstone Labs from the local P.O. today.

Will I get a Christmas Present from the oil Fairy?
I hope so
smile.gif

**in the sump for: 8199 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back