Spiderboy in Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

This is a picture of an Australian ATM teller machine from a week ago.
Can you spot the problem ?

[Linked Image]

I was on holiday there only two weeks ago

Our Gulfstream G550 came back to Florida from an Australia trip. It immediately went to the local service center for some repairs and inspection. I was there watching the work when it was brought to my attention that there was a big ball of something on a flight control cable in the wheel well. In my infinite wisdom, I just guessed it was dead after a 20 hour flight home. Wrong. I broke the 3 inch crusty football looking thing and out came a nightmare of spiders, who dropped on to the floor and ran in every direction. Including on the tires, up the landing gear, an army of them went across the floor on to a wooden crate and on other nearby equipment. I grabbed some degreaser and started spraying. Others joined in to exterminate the vermin, I think we got them all.....

Shannow, any idea what they were?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Cujet
Our Gulfstream G550 came back to Florida from an Australia trip. It immediately went to the local service center for some repairs and inspection. I was there watching the work when it was brought to my attention that there was a big ball of something on a flight control cable in the wheel well. In my infinite wisdom, I just guessed it was dead after a 20 hour flight home. Wrong. I broke the 3 inch crusty football looking thing and out came a nightmare of spiders, who dropped on to the floor and ran in every direction. Including on the tires, up the landing gear, an army of them went across the floor on to a wooden crate and on other nearby equipment. I grabbed some degreaser and started spraying. Others joined in to exterminate the vermin, I think we got them all.....

Shannow, any idea what they were?

Look like these ???

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Often the mother will carry them on her back...

Years ago, we were visiting frineds, and Shane had a spider phobia and was home alone...he spied a big spider walking across the loungeroom floor, grabbed a broom, and as Gladiator was current, speared it...but IT was a mother carrying hundreds of young, which dispersed, just like you observed.

When we got back from the store, he was huddled in a corner of the couch, shaking...his version of the events was that he hit the spider and it "shattered" and flowed across the floor.

Originally Posted by kschachn
I cannot live far enough north.
Thanks for this, I was bemoaning our weather (-23 C at present), and then read your timely reminder.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I broke the 3 inch crusty football looking thing and out came a nightmare of spiders, who dropped on to the floor and ran in every direction.

Originally Posted by Shannow

...his version of the events was that he hit the spider and it "shattered" and flowed across the floor.

The tool for spiders is the trusty vacuum cleaner, ideally a heavy duty industrial one.

Step one, suck ‘em up before they spread.
Step two, spray some insecticide up the spout straight afterwards.
Step three, let it sit for a day or two before opening.
Step four, have a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back