Glock Polymer80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone build a Glock from a Polymer80 PF940CL kit?

56161750_527054691153862_9187216516825743360_n.jpg

This is a 19 lower and 17 slide. Like a 19 but a long slide.
[Linked Image]

All Gen 3 components

I've built two, a G19 and a G34 that I eventually put a G17 slide on. I made the G19 from inexpensive parts, with OEM internals, Bear Creek barrel, Swenson slide and a Burris FastFire III. The G34 was bought as a kit from 80PBuilder with their own parts, but needing a red dot due to my old eyes, I ended up installing a shorter G17 Bear Creek barrel, G17 Swenson slide, and a Vortex Venom.

Both shoot fine and feel good in the hand. They were fun projects, but they really do feel like what they are, homebuilt 'kit' guns. My Glock 17 MOS just feels like a fine European sports car while these have the look and feel of a 3rd gen Camaro. lol

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
My Glock 17 MOS just feels like a fine European sports car while these have the look and feel of a 3rd gen Camaro. lol

LOL...

I would've said that my Sig, or my H&K, feels like a fine European sports car and ALL my Glocks feel like a 3rd gen Camaro...

But I admire Glocks for what they are: ergonomic, reasonably priced, and utterly, completely reliable. That's why I've got several.

More like a Chevy half ton than a Camaro...

I just built another, I couldn't stop myself. This is a 19 lower, 17 longslide with a Glock 34 barrel. FDE Rock slide. Shoots smooth & accurate!
[Linked Image]

My G17 in black and G19 in cobalt. I'm thinking of building a G26 and will probably do a green one.

And now with Virginia's gun laws changing, a G26 build is off until they settle down and become more clear. I may even be forced to disassemble and part out my two P80s and destroy the unserialized lowers. So that's no fun.
frown.gif

(And no, I do not wish to discuss politics here. I'm only stating my current situation.)

Looks like Polymer80 finally released their Glock 43 frame kit. If only 43 parts were as cheap and available as 19 parts are...

Looks like Polymer80 finally released their Glock 43 frame kit. If only 43 parts were as cheap and available as 19 parts are...

I just ordered a complete G17 slide and barrel made by Rock Island Armory for $229 from an eBay seller to put on the $75 compact long slide frame I bought from Midway, plus $50 for the frame parts kit. That means I will have $355 into the total build not considering shipping and tax.

Used Glock 17s are available here from sellers on Armslist for $400 all day long, and they usually come with a couple of magazines. It was interesting to do the build but not exactly economical compared to just buying a used Glock. And I have my doubts a RIA slide/barrel will be as good as the real thing.

If there's enough demand somebody like RIA will start cranking out G43 top ends to satisfy the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back