Dq380/381 7sp wet clutch dsg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in Australia and having trouble finding information in regards to this gearbox. Can anyone tell me what dsg fluid is used in the latest 7sp dsg gearbox from the vw audi group? It appears there is 2 different fluids when looking at the ECS tuning site, one is for the previous 6sp and another for the 7sp. When I asked the local dealer they were unaware of the different part numbers.
Does anyone here know if in fact a different fluid is used or if i can use the bottles i have for the 6sp gearbox in my new 7sp that i have in the garage.

The 7speed in my A4 is a DL382 model and takes this fluid number G055529A2. Found here...
https://www.shopdap.com/g-055-529-a2.html

This model of the DSG has two different fluids in it. This fluid is for the mechatronics unit side and is to be changed every 40k. The other side of the transmission is gear oil for the gears and I haven't found a recommended change interval for it.
Additionally there is no filter accessible to change. There are 3 lifetime filters built inside the mechatronics unit. To get to those you need to drop the subframe.

Last edited:
Yep you are correct as I will need to purchase the G055529A2 for the 7sp, I still have 12 bottles of OEM fluid for the previous 6sp
frown.gif
.... In regards to the filters there seems to be only the one on the dq380 and the process is very similar to a dsg service on the dq250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back