Did Honda discontinue PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be late to the game because I had a little stash of Honda PSF but as I was placing a order on their site I tried to add it via part number and says it's discontinued. Can anyone verify this?

Maybe but, I can't answer for every model.
My daughter's '15 Civic in my signature doesn't have a PSF resivior either. Nor do lots of newer vehicles with e-PS.

08206-9002 or 08206-9002A Should be the part number for it.

Shows available at various places around the net.

Hard to tell without saying what site.

My bet is no I don't see Honda discontinuing that. They have DOT3 brake fluid (that isn't even heavy duty any more) and their own branded engine oil that they don't need, they don't even need their garbage windshield washer fluid concentrate, yet they keep all of these around. I don't see them discontinuing specialty fluid that you need to use without substitute. They only switched over to EPS within the last decade or so, in the grand scheme of time that's not even close to enough time to discontinue the fluid used by the largest portion of drivers.

I have no idea what site, but a search still shows it being sold at Honda parts site like Bernardi and College Hills. Difficult for me to imagine it's been "discontinued".

There is no way Honda discontinued their power steering fluid. It is one of the only specialized fluids used in any Japanese car
crazy2.gif

Napa has Idemitsu PSF at a good price that will work in your Honda. All the parts stores carry PS fluid that can be used in your Honda.

One thing all should be aware of is the power steering fluid for earlier Honda's checked in at 11.5 cSt@100C while some of the later Honda fluids are of lower viscosity, around 6.5 cSt.

I do not know what date they cut over from the high viscosity to the lower viscosity fluid. Maybe some of our mechanics and techs could fill us in.

Prestone has a series of three Power Steering fluids: American, Asian, and European. The Asian fluid was an 11.5cSt@100C fluid while the American and European fluids were of lower viscosity.

Interesting. Haven't been paying close attention to PSF fluid. Didn't realize Honda made a change somewhere along the line. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back