Max life

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably been covered a billion times now but has anyone had any issues using this stuff in their Honda or Toyota?

E727F1E7-F300-4FCE-904E-680C1FACE9C8.jpeg

I've used it in Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Hyundai where it was suitable for use for those applications. Worked perfectly.

Good deal! Since most of my trans pans bolts are rusted to [censored] I'll just do a drain and fill. Hopefully that's fine

Hondas, Acuras, Nissans, Toyotas including my 2001 Tundra.
Earlier this year I serviced a 2005(?) Civic with lower miles. Owned by a grandmother, was getting ready to give to grandson who teaches school in Galveston, TX.
I wanted to do 2 services a few thousand miles apart, but the car went to TX.

Later Toyotas call for the WS blend; I have never used that.
I have used Maxlife in Toyotas well into the 1990 years but nothing newer.
I plan on using the Idemitsu WS equivalent in our Lexus GS350.
If not it will be Maxlife as it is synthetic while WS is not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bettez88
Is there a supertech atf equivalent?

I believe the ST Dex VI is a synthetic multi vehicle low viscosity trans fluid. But, you prob wont be able to beat the $18 a gallon Maxlife from Walmart.com

There is nothing wrong with Maxlife
smile.gif

Is there a supertech atf equivalent?

There is, but it actually costs more than the name-brand Maxlife!
crazy2.gif

The ST LV Multi-vehicle is over $6/qt
mad.gif

It's probably been covered a billion times now but has anyone had any issues using this stuff in their Honda or Toyota?

Works fine in my 2009 Camry

Never a problem in anything I've used it in! Honda, Toyota, Ford, will be using on the Nissan soon and maybe even the Ram down the road as it claims to be suitable

I have it in my 2003 Mercury Marauder (115k) my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe that my wife pulls a horse trailer with (237k), my 2000 Nissan Xterra (138k) and my 1992 Mercury Capri MANUAL trans (146k). It is flawless in every application I have used it in. I also use it in the power steering systems in all the above.

Originally Posted by 69Torino
my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe that my wife pulls a horse trailer with (237k).
what the holy heck? Id like to see a pic of that set up. Original tranny? Aftermarket cooler? Is it all downhill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back