Bought me a lemon 15 focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new job is at a new ford dealership and we sell 90% rav vehicles

Did anyone catch this? It sounds like he works at the dealership and his bud is the tranny guy who fixes these. He's not going to throw a fit to return it and he didn't ask for advice.

Originally Posted by AZjeff

Did anyone catch this? It sounds like he works at the dealership and his bud is the tranny guy who fixes these. He's not going to throw a fit to return it and he didn't ask for advice.

I got it, that's why I congratulated OP on his purchase.

But he also said this:
So I got me a decent car I think

He might not have asked for advice, but it doesn't sound like he's confident in his choice either. It's all based on hopes the warranty will cover the tranny or his buddy at work. Dealerships don't exactly have long time employees thses days, so it may all fall apart if OP changes jobs.

IMO it doesn't make economic sense, but the OP knew what he was getting. The only bright side is that since he is driving 100 miles a day, I assume that the car will be accumulating mostly highway miles and the clutch/transmission problems will not likely be nearly as big of an issue.

What do you do at the dealer, OP?

If you're a mechanic, I suggest figuring out these trannies so you can add equity to the next one that rolls through.

Originally Posted by eljefino
What do you do at the dealer, OP?

If you're a mechanic, I suggest figuring out these trannies so you can add equity to the next one that rolls through.

Right on with this.

There's got to be a work around for the input shaft seal failures on these. Is the case flexing? Is it shaft movement? Internal pressure too high on the gearbox? I get it that there is a "revised" seal that's a different color, but as far as I know those are still failing. Something is causing the seals to fail. I ain't the seal.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
My new job is at a new ford dealership and we sell 90% rav vehicles

Yeah, it sounds like, while in warranty it's free repairs; out of warranty, probably not much more than dealer cost for parts & maybe a six pack if the repair is after hours.

I dunno, I would have just driven the Mazda into the ground; I get the notion of wanting to keep a nice car nice, but IMO most cars are throwaway items in the end. Plus unless if you can keep the vehicle stored indoors it tends to age out anyhow. Might as well drive it.

I'm not sure what a "rav" vehicle is either. Quick look kept turning up Toyota's.

The other option would be to buy the manual transmission and related parts from a written off Focus. Drive the auto box until it fails or the warranty ends and then have your mechanic buddy do a conversion. A working auto box for a Focus should be in good demand. And I understand a manual Focus is a reasonably good car.

Or better yet just take it back. Lots of highway miles won't hurt that Mazda and it'll time out on you anyway.

Originally Posted by Burt
What's a 'rav vehicle'?

I just assumed it was an acronym for 'Really Awful Vehicles'.

xtra vehicle, xtra insurance + upkeep + $$$$. a lot of on road use is easy on the engine but of course everything wears! a fellow worker years ago was moaning he was ONLY getting 50 mpgs in the dead of a cold Pa winter as he was seeing 60 mpgs in the summer with his mk 4 jetta. thats where diesel shines in a car, your choice your $$$

Originally Posted by Greggy_D
That car is going to be a nightmare.

Yup. Good luck.
35.gif

Look at the bright side, you will end up driving more of the Mazda anyway when the Ford is in the garage.

Not to sound like a jerk.... but a $6000 Corolla would have been much better.

I would of just drove your Mazda to work. Sounds a lot of money spent just to get a second car.

Everyone seems to hate OPs car. In order to say something positive, at least the trans should last longer under the steady highway.

None of it makes sense financially or logically to me.

$7500 buys a lot of extra gas and repairs for your fusion.

Good luck finding a closer job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back