Liqui moly viscoplus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Honda Pilot 3.5l ivetec 2007 with 300k miles on then now I need to see if I can used visco plus 20206 in them to resided viscosity because engine is little load and burn 1.5 qts of oil for 6000 miles oil change and the viscosity is 2400mpa what is on cst viscoty here is a link for https://products.liqui-moly.us/viscoplus-for-oil-2.html product

Last edited:
I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying/asking but I think you wanna know if you can use a VM?? Have you tried using a thicker oil (what are you using now) or a HiMi or attempting to address the cause of your oil burning (rings/valve seals) because a VM is just an expensive bandaid while the underlying cause of your oil burning continues worsen..but like I always say, your money - your car....

Last edited:
300K mile engine using 1.5 quarts of oil in 6K miles? That is not bad at all. I wouldn't mess with it. Bump a grade, try a HM oil would be the only things I'd try, if I tried anything at all.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
300K mile engine using 1.5 quarts of oil in 6K miles? That is not bad at all. I wouldn't mess with it. Bump a grade, try a HM oil would be the only things I'd try, if I tried anything at all.

Right!.. there are guys on this board with cars that have half that mileage burning twice as much. I wouldn't waste the $$ on a VM. Maybe a flush and a thicker HiMi lube (10/30 or better) is about all I'd put into an engine that has seen better years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by demarpaint

Amen to that.
I wouldn't do anything - but be thankful it only uses 1.5qts in 6K.

One CUP of oil in 1,000 miles.....and somebody has something to say about it other than "HURAH"?

I gotta read this thread completely.

Also, buying a can of something equals viscosity modification? Without lab expertise I thought that was "playing around".

I say this with complete respect.

Thank you all the reply but I have few jugs 0w20 pennnzoil platinum high mileage oil and I will keep doing that maybe add liqui moly motor oil saver since by car leak oil then it burn 1.5 qts thank you

I want to try liqui moly viscoplus in my car to raise visocity from 0w20 or 5w20 to little higer

Originally Posted by Toh1
I want to try liqui moly viscoplus in my car to raise visocity from 0w20 or 5w20 to little higer

Again, why not just use a higher viscosity oil to start with?

In that case I'd just mix it with a higher viscosity oil from the same manufacturer. But if you wish to seek out the additive then go for it.

I have around 10 jugs of 0w20 or 5w20 in high mileage full synthetic w

Give nine friends each a jug for Christmas. Wrap the handles with red bows.
The 10th jug could be dropped off at any VFW Hall for donation purposes.

Molakule can I just mixed 20w50 or 10w40 raised the viscosity of xx-20 ?

You can.

To get near a light 5W30 you would need;

about a 3:1 ratio of 0W20 to 10w40 which means 3 quarts of 0W20 to each quart of 10W40.

about a 4:1 ratio of 0W20 to 20W50 which means 4 quarts of 0W20 to each quart of 20W50.

Addendum: whichever you choose you should really send the final mix to a lab to determine 100C viscosity and the elemental makeup of that mix.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply I appreciate it and will no plan to send it to the lab because I do not care more about 100c viscosity since I leave in Georgia in USA and do not care will be using mix of xx40 or 20w50 in summer only and in winter 0w20 or 5w20

I am using high mileage oil Mobil 1 0w20 is currently filled oil and how about using the liqui moly 2020 motor oil saver in next oil change?

I am using high mileage oil Mobil 1 0w20 is currently filled oil and how about using the liqui moly 2020 motor oil saver in next oil change?

I'm using the same in my 218K Sable. You could use the the Oil Saver, you could also pick up some qts. of Mobil 1 10W-40 HM and topoff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back