Interesting trend at my local walmarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been ordering oil from walmart.com for a while, but browse the aisles when Im there. For the last several months, the Supertech conventional selection has been unusually sparse, while the synthetics are usually stocked well. Also, the name brand dinos are stocked well too. Tonight there was 4 gallons 20w50, 1 gallon of 10w40 and 1 gallon of 5w30 HM. I know that there are so many variables involved in the supply processes of a huge retailer, but maybe the world has gotten the message that your engine will last just as long on SN ST dino that it will on any other oil?
27.gif
27.gif

[Linked Image]

Warehouse space in the back of the store is sparse. Its Christmas season and my guess is its being used for higher profit items presently as well as Christmas pickup for customers.

Walmart stocking is always hit and miss.
Some stores seem to do really well while others look like the one you posted.
So much for Walmart's wonderful ability to keep its shelves properly stocked.
What was considered state of the art inventory control twenty years ago doesn't cut it today.
No wonder so many people shop Amazon.

it has to be a management issue . my Walmart is always out of supertec synth 10-30. the next Walmart only 3 mils down the street always has plenty.

One picture of sparsely stocked shelf out of thousands of Walmart stores is hardly a case for a trend.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Walmart stocking is always hit and miss.
Some stores seem to do really well while others look like the one you posted.
So much for Walmart's wonderful ability to keep its shelves properly stocked.
What was considered state of the art inventory control twenty years ago doesn't cut it today.
No wonder so many people shop Amazon.

Who cares. My local Rural King is always stocked well. I'm doing what Subyrubieroo is and not giving wal mart a single red cent of my hard earned money. Dont like wal mart: simple, dont shop there and whine about it.

Sometimes small shop owners come in and buy up the supertech by the cart load.

Originally Posted by dareo

Before we sold our shop we purchased our Mobil 1 there. It was much cheaper than I could buy it in bulk!

We could get champ jobber filters for .75 though lol

Originally Posted by PimTac
One picture of sparsely stocked shelf out of thousands of Walmart stores is hardly a case for a trend.

You must have missed "at my local walmarts" in the title. Thats a total of 4 out of thousands of stores. If I was referring to them all, I would have simply titled it "trend at walmarts".

Originally Posted by dareo

Thats a good point. Never thought of that.

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Crazy........ still yet to see a Havoline 6qt box at any WM in my region

Dave

Weird...my local stores have a boatload in all flavors.

RE: Interesting trend at my local walmarts

Typical trend at walmarts and many other companies is cheap Chinese products
shocked2.gif

Any famous Chinese oil out there?
Cheap Chinese syn vs. Dutch dino and the winner is ... I would take the dino
grin2.gif

You probably missed the article. It's a new stocking trend. Save money by not hiring people to stock the shelves. Kinda strange if you ask me, you can't make money if people can't buy the products. Although to be fair, sometimes if they're out of something, that means the next time I'm there it might be in stock then and then I can pick it up so maybe it doesn't really have that big of an effect on the bottom line. They've gotten a little better, before they wouldn't tell the store managers how they were being graded but now they tell them what essentials items they need to stock so I guess only the ones that don't matter as much go out of stock.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
RE: Interesting trend at my local walmarts

Typical trends at walmarts and many other companies are cheap Chinese products
shocked2.gif

Any famous Chinese oil out there?
Cheap Chinese syn vs. Dutch dino and the winner is ...
grin2.gif

Well oil is pretty international these days. Look at the latest approved oils for MB 229.5, bunch of oils from China and all over the world.

https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/229.5_en.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back