I want a Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Probably not. The car seems to be a unicorn...it is the first (and so far only) SRT I have seen with no sunroof. I'm actually tempted by this one.

Mine doesn't have a sunroof.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Probably not. The car seems to be a unicorn...it is the first (and so far only) SRT I have seen with no sunroof. I'm actually tempted by this one.

Mine doesn't have a sunroof.

Every other SRT I have seen had a sunroof. I don't want a sunroof.

But WOW, that 392 is tempting even with the high miles. It's even a Drag Pack car, with the 3.92 limited slip. I like everything about it except the wheels and the color.

No hole in the roof is always a major plus when I'm car shopping.

Originally Posted by MCompact

Problem is that most dealers order vehicles loaded with optional sunroof.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Problem is that most dealers order vehicles loaded with optional sunroof.

That's 100% correct, that's part of the reason ordering my new Jeep was so appealing, because all the 2019's (which were actually more money) were ordered with the huge pano moonroof.

A sunroof is a complete deal-killer for me.

I'd take my chances on that high mile car for that kind of price. Worst case scenario, 392 crate engine is less than 7k.

Originally Posted by terry274

Why?

In a sports car it weakens the structure, and adds weight up high. Both things you don't want when the best handling is important.

In a heavier car like a challenger, it's not as critical, as lapping a roadracing track is not the first design priority of such a car.

But there's added cost and potential for trouble with a moonroof/sunroof.

Me, I like a moonroof in an SUV or truck. As the added weight doesn't really matter in that application.

Originally Posted by 02SE
In a sports car it weakens the structure, and adds weight up high. Both things you don't want when the best handling is important.

That makes sense, thanks.

Why?

Noise, leaks, weight, and reduced head room.

Why?

Noise, leaks, weight, and reduced head room.

Weird. 2 of the last 3 vehicles I've owned had them, and none of those issues. Also, headroom was technically increased. Even my Chrysler products sunroof only broke the rail guide, but never leaked or was noisy.

You seem to be under the delusion I care about your input. So, yet again, please stop polluting my thread.

You seem to be under the delusion I care about your input. So, yet again, please stop polluting my thread.

Why don't you have a challenger, yet? It's been months.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Could be he does not care what neighbors are saying so going his own pace.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by Ws6

Could be he does not care what neighbors are saying so going his own pace.

Could be. I find it odd that he started a thread about it with no care as to what others thought, and no intention to actually buy one, though. That said, I started a thread about buying my z06 Corvette several years before I bought it, although I was a student at the time and did provide a timeline of action in the op.

Okay, since the bickering has begun we will close this thread. It has run its course.

BTW, no one owns a thread!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back