ADBV Failure FRAM ULTRA XG-8A ,10K miles 13 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by newtoncd8
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
This is the first thread that shows proof of the "I got a start up rattle" with a Fram. The seal isn't good when design and manufacturing errors add up in the wrong direction.

It may be small numbers, but when you personally experience the issue, it is pretty unnerving. Our RX330 had a major knocking sound (much more than a rattle) upon start-up after sitting overnight with the XG3614.

I sent the filter to car51 and he dissected it, but didn't see anything visually wrong -- I switched back to the Toyota 90915-YZZD1/3 filter.

Here is the thread: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...723/fram-ultra-3614-6-500-miles-cut-open

I had a similar noise occur when I put the Fram filter on my car. Prior to this occurring I haven't heard this noise before. After putting the Fram on, a couple of days later when I started the car, there was a rattling noise followed by knocking/ticking noise that lasted for a few seconds. At first I didn't pay much attention but then I realized the ticking was coming from the car. Strangely, that was the only time this occurred and hasn't happened since.

It's kind of weird but it's the same filter as yours, newtoncd8.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back