How to prevent battery bracket bolt and thread from rusting ?

I was change out my old battery . There a bracket that hold the battery down to the tray , it's hard to get off . Once I got it off. I saw some rust .what do you guy think I can apply a thin coat of anti sieve to easy remove the bolt and prevent fro rusting in future ?

They are going to rust. You can brush it off, paint it, and use anti seize. It will still rust though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BigCahuna
Wire brush the rust off it, and slap some never seize on it and you'll be good for another 5 or 6 years.,,,

+1

I'd slobber on regular old grease.

If you have any trouble, $1 worth of 1/4-20 allthread will replace your threaded-hook-thing.

fluid film, neversieze, paste lub etc.

yearly fluid film would be my choice.

Fluid Film.

Central Connecticut .

Snow, ice , rain, sun,

2013 tacoma no rust, inspected for frame replacement Passed.

Frame looks like brand new.

Never garaged.

Also used on battery posts, door hinges, etc.

TOMB
Convert

Last edited:
I use to like fluid film many years ago . It was my Togo lubricant for everything . Door hinge . Lock . Door jam . Battery post .... then one winter . After came off night shift . Open my truck but can't shut my door . The lock latch is frozen . Fluid film is frozen . I like what the heck ..

I have to go home . Spray down the lock latch with brake cleaner and use WD silicone and never have problem with the lock latch frozen again .

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
I use to like fluid film many years ago . It was my Togo lubricant for everything . Door hinge . Lock . Door jam . Battery post .... then one winter . After came off night shift . Open my truck but can't shut my door . The lock latch is frozen . Fluid film is frozen . I like what the heck ..

I have to go home . Spray down the lock latch with brake cleaner and use WD silicone and never have problem with the lock latch frozen again .

that wasn't the fluid film frozen. It was some water that got in there.

I have Walmart everstart maxx . This is my Togo battery for every vehicles i own . Since Walmart is around every corner of the united state . Easy for warranty .

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Install an AGM battery.

Or an East Penn one. When I used to use JCI batteries I would put antiseize, grease, battery protectant, felt washers under the clamps, everything-and they would still corrode from all the acid & acid laden gases they leaked out. My East Penn ones have been SPOTLESS.

Clean off the connectors and the inside of it, clean off the connection polls coming out of the battery put those little red and green protectors on the polls. Replace cables a spray the terminals with protector. Should be good for a year if you don't overfill the cells. Clean the whole top of the battery off with Arm & Hammer Soda to neutralize the acid before you put the pads on the posts and then dry it off.

Back