My 68 L36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
It used a mild 480" lift hydraulic lifter cam, 10.25 to 1 C/R, Rochester QuadraJet carb. This car has the 3.90 Positraction Differential.

I had a very similar combo (.480" lift cam, Carter ThermoQuad carb) on a '72 440 engine in a 1973 Road Runner with 4.10's...

as fast as that Road Runner was, I am *quite* sure your 427 Corvette is a blast to drive!

If I could pick 1 Muscle car to own, it just might be an early Road Runner with the 383 and 4 speed transmission.
Good Lord those cars are just about perfect.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels

Beautiful car there Jeff.

Where were those pics taken? Looks like the Tahoe area to me. Maybe because, when I lived in Palo Alto, we went to a few national gatherings in that area.

I gave my Vette to my BIL in Gig Harbor in WA, SeaTac area. He is gonna continue work on the soft top and interior.
I put sooooo much time and $$ into it; time for someone with Mark's energy and eye for detail to take over.
The pics are from his area.

Stunning car! Even more impressive knowing it was previously neglected and you put in the time to get it looking right.

Originally Posted by GZRider
Stunning car! Even more impressive knowing it was previously neglected and you put in the time to get it looking right.

Thanks; doing an old Vette is a labor of love. That much I can tell you. My education is bought and paid for.
Those are the stock 15x7 Ralley wheels. 1 year only wheel size.
I have a set of aftermarket wheels, Wheel Vintiques 16x8 Chrome Ralleys with 255/50/16 Comp TAs that make the car sit lower as the tire is about 24".
Looks much better with the fat tires. And they don't rub. Much better traction when the engine torques up...

If anyone is thinking about a classic Corvette, buy the best car you can. You will be big bucks ahead.
And drive it. That's what they are for. I hate trailer queens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back