Subaru Robin 653cc Oil coming out air breather

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 2012 American Sportsworks BD700 UTV with a Subaru Robin 653cc engine (EH65). At high rev, a surge of oil will come out the air breather tube and spill onto the carburetor. I had an issue with the fuel diaphragm and replaced the carburetor this week. While it idles fine, at high rev it continues to purge the fluid through the air breather tube. After the carb replacement, I believe it also purged gasoline and oil. Any ideas on what could cause this ? Feel free to ask questions if I need to provide more detail. Thanks in advance !

Oil over filled? Breather tube partially blocked? Excessive blow-by due to stuck rings or scored cylinder walls? You say new carb and purged oil & gas, so maybe the new carb float is allowing gas into the crankcase? Ed

Originally Posted by Eddie
Oil over filled? Breather tube partially blocked? Excessive blow-by due to stuck rings or scored cylinder walls? You say new carb and purged oil & gas, so maybe the new carb float is allowing gas into the crankcase? Ed

I agree, any or multiple of these things.

first thing I would check is oil level. sometimes you can get gas in the oil and not see it on dipstick.
after that I would take to google for suggestions if its happening to you it happened to someone else with millions of these engines out there.

I had the same issue with an old 1983 Craftsman twin cyl.18hp. The oil would eventually seep out the air cleaner housing and onto the top of the engine. I gave the breather assy and its plumbing down in the engine a real good cleaning with carb and brake cleaner around seven years ago. I never had another problem with it to this day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back