Carfax report 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking for a replacement car for my wife
Found this car and pulled a carfax report

Anybody see what I see ??

BC96E0AE-FEC1-46C3-853B-A32391644556.jpeg

Did someone stutter the 3 when typing 3,957?
confused2.gif

That would be my guess.

Last edited:
I'm thinking this was a 2 year lease or a repo and someone keyed the mileage incorrectly.

I think the Michigan entries are wrong, probably crossed up from some other car. Everything else makes sense.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Mileage is wrong all over this report !!

Only 1 entry is out of order.

I bet it was supposed to be 17957, not 33k. Appears the car sat at the Ford dealer for about 6 months. Didn't sell for whatever reason so back to auction it went. I am willing to be the mileage is correct at 18603

I'm backing off this car
Feels like a mislead to me

And I wasted $39.95

Proves carfax reports aren't all that great for what they charge

Last edited:
Title or registration issued to manufacturer.

Most likely a lemon law car.

Manufacturers don't buy back cars just because.

Maybe the mileage was deliberately mistyped as a misdirection.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jethro_Bob
Title or registration issued to manufacturer.

Most likely a lemon law car.

Manufacturers don't buy back cars just because.

Maybe the mileage was deliberately mistyped as a misdirection.

I agree a manufacturer lemon buyback. Why did the manufacturer send it to auction?

I'm backing off this car

And I wasted $39.95

It seems to be worth it in this case. Original owner only kept it for less than 2 years then went to manufacturer then to Ford in Arizona then back to manufacturer then back to Arizona auction. Car seems to have a problem that is not fixed therefore this report probably saved you a huge headache.

I'm backing off this car

And I wasted $39.95

Might be the best $39.95 you ever spent, but not flagging buybacks seems like a major shortcoming.

Originally Posted by Jethro_Bob
I'm backing off this car

And I wasted $39.95

Might be the best $39.95 you ever spent, but not flagging buybacks seems like a major shortcoming.

Looks like someone fat fingered this report. $39.95 is cheap I'd walk away.

I'm backing off this car

And I wasted $39.95

I'd pass. And you're right Carfax reports aren't always what they're cracked up to be. I had a work van legally parked, hit and totaled. It was reported to insurance and paid for by insurance. I paid the salvage free and kept it. I did the repairs and drove it another few years before selling it. I ran a Carfax report prior to selling it and it can back perfect. I ran and printed 100's of them when I sold cars, many had errors. My advise to people is to take the info from them with a grain of salt, and always check a vehicle over thoroughly before buying it.

9/25/18.... "Vehicle washed/detailed"...…. 'Appears' the vehicle wasn't the only thing that got "washed" at that time.
smirk.gif

18,577 mi.

The fact that it went AZ to Mi back to AZ, mileage apparently clocked back. Then "retitled" in Michigan and run to the sale in AZ, all looks suspicious to me. And my speculation is miles listing accurate for the 9/17/18 entry.

'Seems to me' like CF did it's job here.
21.gif
I've never used it, but seems Rand's reference to the $13 ebay CF worth looking into.

I'd likely take a pass here.

Thanks for posting, intriguing CF read.

Wouldn't enough dealer warranty work to qualify a car as a lemon law car likely show up on Carfax? I thought actual dealers are pretty good about reporting things. So if a car you're looking at shows regular dealer oil changes you're happy but if it doesn't it really doesn't mean much because they just didn't report them?

Carfax can provide info but it doesn't necessarily provide all info on a vehicle. Money well spent OP.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Wouldn't enough dealer warranty work to qualify a car as a lemon law car likely show up on Carfax? I thought actual dealers are pretty good about reporting things. So if a car you're looking at shows regular dealer oil changes you're happy but if it doesn't it really doesn't mean much because they just didn't report them?

Carfax can provide info but it doesn't necessarily provide all info on a vehicle. Money well spent OP.

I agree with you guys about how $40 bucks saved me a lot misery is true. Since my first post I've found out more info about this car from the salesman who seems to be an honest guy. In the dealership file is a complete history of repairs on this Ford Buy Back Car. The owner took this car numerous time to the Lincoln dealer for an electrical problem that was never fixed and that when the buy back took place. And all those trips to the dealer for repairs is NOT on the carfax. That's the misleading part I have a problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back