Five Gees

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY!
An excuse to throw away my smart phone, re-start my land line services and get out my tangerine rotary phone!
This is long overdue!
banana2.gif

Wait until someone tells them visible light has an even higher frequency, much closer to that of ionizing radiation!
shocked2.gif

Me guesses a lot of kids were never diagnosed with autism in the old days, they either just stuck the kids in the class for slow and mis-behaving kids, or told the parents the kids weren't welcome at school.

Article from a wackadoodle site with no cited author? Check.
Referencing an article published in a popular science magazine, not a medical journal? Check.
Referenced article is an opinion piece not authored by a doctor or scientist? Check.
OP references a non-existent "Berkeley Study"? Check.

OP, there is no "Berkeley study". Joel Moskowitz, the author of the Scientific American article, does work for Berkeley, but what he writes about is his opinion. He makes references to studies, none of which were done by himself or Berkeley. The Mind Unleashed is "junk news aggregate" site, with articles published with no author cited or a fake author, like Tyler Durden.

If you'd like to read more about junk news aggregate sites, like "The Mind Unleashed", here is a link to an actual study by Oxford: https://newsaggregator.oii.ox.ac.uk/methodology.php

I hope this helps and please, for the sake of everyone, stop reading, believing, and sharing news from fake news sites.

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Spreading fake news should be a punishable offense.
I understand CNN got hit with a 435 million dollar lawsuit Tuesday. I'm sure nothing will come of it.
smirk2.gif

Blow up your Cell Phone
Throw away your paper
Move to the country
Build you a home

More afraid of my pocket catching on fire from phones that increasingly double as space heaters!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Miller88
Blow up your Cell Phone
Throw away your paper
Move to the country
Build you a home

More afraid of my pocket catching on fire from phones that increasingly double as space heaters!

Another John Prine fan I see! Maybe the best songwriter ever.

If you look harder for disease at the doctor's office, they will find it. Everyone has to remain fully employed. And they new names for all these diseases too.

Over the past 40 yrs there has been a large increase in general exposure to the population: Sun's UV rays...... chemical exposure from cleaners, air borne pollutants, vehicle and power plant emissions, etc......stresses.....poorer diet from parents to kids......just poorer food available across the board with all the over farming, pesticide use, etc.........human stresses from work, social media, etc. And also EMF exposure. I'd bet at least half of the 1,000% increase is alone due the "ability" to diagnose it.....or at least call it "autism." Skin cancers have increased dramatically over 40 yrs....right along with autism. A lot has to do with doctors and therapists diagnosing "everything" humanly possible.

Originally Posted by 69GTX
...Everyone has to remain fully employed...

Agreed. Trillions are at stake.

[Linked Image]

We have a lot of things now that we didn't 40 years ago. Heck, you could even blame it on Keurig machines or fidget spinners if you're so inclined.

You have to show cause and effect to make a case. I remember my statstics professor citing an example where, one year, every time the Cleveland Browns would win, the stock market went up even though there is absolutely no connection between the two. All a medical study needs is for the results to meet the 95% confidence level, and boom! it's publishable.

Originally Posted by JunkdrawerDog
Originally Posted by Miller88
Blow up your Cell Phone
Throw away your paper
Move to the country
Build you a home

Another John Prine fan I see! Maybe the best songwriter ever.

He's the best as far as I'm concerned! My favorite -- saw him in June in concert!

Originally Posted by Kestas
I remember my statstics professor citing an example where, one year, every time the Cleveland Browns would win, the stock market went up even though there is absolutely no connection between the two.

That was a perfect example of a fully tenured Statistics professor.

How about checking out for yourself?
Something like this one:

Okatan DO et al, (February 2018) Continuous 900-megahertz electromagnetic field applied in middle and late-adolescence causes qualitative and quantitative changes in the ovarian morphology, tissue and blood biochemistry of the rat., Int J Radiat Biol. 2018 Feb;94(2):186-198. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2018.1420924.

P Hardell L et al, (May 2018) Radiofrequency radiation from nearby base stations gives high levels in an apartment in Stockholm, Sweden: A case report., Oncol Lett. 2018 May;15(5):7871-7883. doi: 10.3892/ol.2018.8285.

Morgan LL et al, (May 2015) Mobile phone radiation causes brain tumors and should be classified as a probable human carcinogen (2A) (Review), Int J Oncol. 2015 May;46(5):1865-71. doi: 10.3892/ijo.2015.2908.

There are hundreds of them on PubMed, not all of those are alarming. This one is curious:

Jeong YJ et al, (2015) 1950 MHz Electromagnetic Fields Ameliorate AB Pathology in Alzheimer's Disease Mice, Curr Alzheimer Res. 2015;12(5):481-92

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back