Valvoline eye candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased some Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage at the Walmart Black Friday sale and now noticed Valvoline Full Synthetic Advanced at the store. Also shown is some Maxlife High Mileage from last year.

The advertising department must be working overtime. Feel free to comment on the differences. ( beyond the obvious grade difference and high mileage aspect of the selected oil) Maxlife vs Full Synthetic vs F.S. Advanced.
crazy2.gif

A1DA78A2-405C-4923-9015-7FF5E83BBA3C.jpeg

21308879-C821-494F-8476-BAA676CDCFBC.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe this is Valvoline's response to Rotella's gas Truck and SUV oil and Mobil 1 Truck and SUV? Being "Formulated For Hardworking...Trucks And SUVS" and all. Valvoline also throws in "Cars" as well.

Interesting that they chose to put this on the Advanced Synthetic, I would have thought it would be on the Maxlife. According to Valvoline's own marketing, the Maxlife syn is the most robust oil in the Valvoline lineup, best anti-wear, more additives, etc..

Maxlife High Mileage is just a synthetic blend correct? How is Maxlife High Mileage compared to the full synthetic high mileage?

Originally Posted by PimTac
Their jugs are the winners. Easy to verify the seal, easy to handle, easy to pour.

Yes! The best oil jugs I have ever used. Who ever designed them deserves an award.

I just took my truck and a jug of Advanced into my mech for an OC, when I picked it up I asked him what he thought of the Valvoline jugs and he said he loved them and wished they all where like that.

They have had three label changes in the last year or so. I'll bet they change again for gf6

Originally Posted by paoester
And a French lesson thrown in for free! wee-wee

If I'm not mistaken, that's a requirement by the Canadian gov't for (all) product labeling.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by paoester
And a French lesson thrown in for free! wee-wee

If I'm not mistaken, that's a requirement by the Canadian gov't for (all) product labeling.

Oui-Oui
laugh.gif

Their lineup is kind of confusing. They had SynPower, now they have Advanced as well as Modern Engine, then they also have Maxlife but also have Maxlife technology in the full syns as well.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Their lineup is kind of confusing. They had SynPower, now they have Advanced as well as Modern Engine, then they also have Maxlife but also have Maxlife technology in the full syns as well.

Not confusing at all. Syn Power was dropped a couple of years ago and renamed Advanced Synthetic.

Not confusing at all. Syn Power was dropped a couple of years ago and renamed Advanced Synthetic.

What are the differences between Advanced Synthetic and Modern Engine?

Modern Engine was designed for GDI engines to help prevent intake valve buildup.

By all accounts it hasn't sold well. It's hard to find and it's overpriced. VAS carries SN+ and d1G2 specs so the benefits of ME were not clear at all.

My guess is that ME is slowly being phased out. It's not found in retail stores and where you do find it then it's on clearance.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

I agree - valvoline really has a pretty straightforward lineup -

Their "daily protection" and maxlife red bottle are labeled synblends.

The "advanced" synthetic comes in regular and maxlife versions.

All have sharp packaging and by all accounts are great oils.

Modern engine does seem to be a bust.

Their jugs are the winners. Easy to verify the seal, easy to handle, easy to pour.

+10,000

I always liked the old school simple names and labels. Maybe from the early 90s?

Syntec
Synpower
Mobil 1
Pennzoil Synthetic

Their jugs are the winners. Easy to verify the seal, easy to handle, easy to pour. ...
Do Valvoline's fancy spouts cause the last ounce in the bottle to be difficult to get out, the way spouts on typical bottles of laundry detergent do nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back