2015 Subaru Forester XT, Rotella T6 Multi Vehicle, 7214 km (≈ 4500 miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by normal_guy1
Thanks for the analysis. I'd love to use this in my FA20F when my car reaches 60k miles and is no longer under warranty. The only problem is that it only comes in a 1 gal (4 QT) jug size instead of 1.25 gal (5 QT) or 1 QT bottles. I end up buying extra oil anyway to fill my engine up to 5.5 QT, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Here, in Canada, they come in 5 litres jugs that fill it right up to the full limit perfectly. The only deviation that this oil has from what the manual ask for is that this oil not Ressource Conserving. But it is SN PLUS rated though. Not sure if it would void a warranty.

Originally Posted by jbutch
Thanks for the analysis. I'd love to use this in my FA20F when my car reaches 60k miles and is no longer under warranty. The only problem is that it only comes in a 1 gal (4 QT) jug size instead of 1.25 gal (5 QT) or 1 QT bottles. I end up buying extra oil anyway to fill my engine up to 5.5 QT, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Here, in Canada, they come in 5 litres jugs that fill it right up to the full limit perfectly. The only deviation that this oil has from what the manual ask for is that this oil not Ressource Conserving. But it is SN PLUS rated though. Not sure if it would void a warranty.

Are you sure it is SN+? I just see regular ole SN. I see the high Mg, moderated Ca, but I haven't see SN+. I'm not sure it matters to me, but just curious....in case this ends up in my Subie Turbo. That said, it's not inconceivable it could end up in my EcoBoost too....again neither REQUIRES SN+.

Originally Posted by Impatient
Originally Posted by jbutch

Are you sure it is SN+? I just see regular ole SN. I see the high Mg, moderated Ca, but I haven't see SN+. I'm not sure it matters to me, but just curious....in case this ends up in my Subie Turbo. That said, it's not inconceivable it could end up in my EcoBoost too....again neither REQUIRES SN+.

Yes, it is! I got confirmation via email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back