Pressing Index Finger on Forehead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gebo,
I think others have identified the practice...it's sort of relatively common for a hypnosis induction as well.

re pressure points and whatnot...if you have interest, look at this stuff...

https://eftinternational.org/wp-content/uploads/EFT-International-Free-Tapping-Manual.pdf

It works, I use(d) it, and my psychologist friends and relos, and the counseller I've been talking to are advocates, although not practicioners.

(My neigbour as a kid used to get bad static shocks fromhis favourite car...youcouldhear them...in desperation, he got accupuncture of all things, and it stopped...for 8 months...repeated, and it stayed stopped - it's not ALL mumbo Jumbo)

Originally Posted by pandus13
It is an acupuncture point.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the location of "the third eye".

I'm too round-ish to practice Yoga, so i'll let others complete the explanation

P.S. since she is family, can you ask her or some light stretching techniques for you? they help with joints mobility/comfort

I believe the Wiki calls Acupuncture a pseudoscience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acupuncture

Originally Posted by loneryder
Some people can accept Reiki and some can't. Sorry you had to go through that.

It's called the placebo effect. You don't have to accept aspirin for it to work or need to believe that a bullet will kill you, it just does.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
She believes in the whole "third eye" nonsense? Somehow there is an invisible magic force that she has bought into?

Somehow I've bought into quantum entanglement. It's experimentally real. Being used in quantum computing and encryption. EPR paradox claims that there has to be a hidden variable and that quantum mechanics was incomplete. Einstein was wrong on hidden variables, Bell's inequality says there's no hidden variable. The universe is basically random at least at the quantum level. Although you could calculate a probability curve. Probably why some things work and some don't, depends where you are in that probability curve.

I didn't see the Yoga instructor point. Interesting...
I can tell you, in Silicon Valley many people in high tech deal with a lot of stress. Everybody's on blood pressure medicine. Some sleeping aids.
Hospital visits, pills, heart attacks and short tempers are part of everyday life.
You might be making $150K (or million$), making crazy house payments and dealing with impossible deadlines.
You might be working on an analytics sql code to forecast and drive a multi billion dollar company. Like me.

I have witnessed a number of people who ended up in the hospital under crushing stress. Scary stuff.
Some die. Some leave. Some realize that that 3rd Benz ain't worth it.
A few have tried Yoga with amazing results.

I would ask her about it. No one sez you have to believe it.
Each to their own. I respect people who find a way to thrive in our chaos.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back