Pressing Index Finger on Forehead

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Thanksgiving meal at relative's home, I saw something that intrigued me. Well, I know I saw something but I don't know if it means anything.

We get our plates and go to sit at the table and across from me my niece sits down, closes her eyes, looks down and presses her index finger onto her forehead. She presses in the center of her forehead right above her eyes. She doesn't say anything or move her lips. She holds this position for about 3 seconds and then quits and starts eating.

I thought she may have had a headache. And then I remembered she is a Yoga instructor. Did I see something of significance?

I guess I should have asked her but we were never alone and I didn't want to cause a scene at Thanksgiving.

It is an acupuncture point.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the location of "the third eye".

I'm too round-ish to practice Yoga, so i'll let others complete the explanation

P.S. since she is family, can you ask her or some light stretching techniques for you? they help with joints mobility/comfort

Last edited:
From Google:

Q: What does pressing your forehead do?

A: Massaging and applying pressure to energy meridians in the forehead can improve your circulation, reduce muscle tension and stimulate your brain function. ... The energy begins in the head and flows downward to the rest of the body. The point on your forehead that you will be working with is called the Third Eye Point.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Perhaps ask her?

Because I was not sure I saw what I saw and I didn't wanna ask her in front of the entire group. I didn't wanna look like fool by asking her some weird question. That wasn't an anonymous forum question where nobody knows me. LOL

I'll see her again at Christmas, I think.

I'll watch her then and see if she does it again. Then I'll have enough courage to ask her.

She believes in the whole "third eye" nonsense? Somehow there is an invisible magic force that she has bought into?

I touch that same point on occasion, usually when my wife is rambling on about something. Helps me to stay awake.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
She believes in the whole "third eye" nonsense? Somehow there is an invisible magic force that she has bought into?

It's the Hindu belief. Maybe it's nonsense for you but it's a serious belief for her.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
From Google:

A: Massaging and applying pressure to energy meridians in the forehead can improve your circulation, reduce muscle tension and stimulate your brain function. ... The energy begins in the head and flows downward to the rest of the body. The point on your forehead that you will be working with is called the Third Eye Point.

What a bunch of bovine scat (the google hit, not you Char Baby).

Reiki is bovine scat. Total scam. Former co-worker was/is a Reiki master. Teaches the stuff.

Right after my first wife's suicide, I was effed up emotionally and looking for anything holistic to help struggle through the immediate aftermath. When I say holistic I mean I declined the prescription of lexapro and klonopin the mh counselor I saw (nurse practitioner) wanted me to take.

I bought a number of reiki sessions, supposed to balance energy, open up my third eye, yada yada yada. Put a circle of different kinds of rocks and crystals around my head on the lay down table, all sorts of energy based hocus pocus. I wanted to believe, I approached it open minded, I wanted it to work. Nothing, zilch, nada. Didn't make one difference in my emotional well being or lack thereof at that time.

Who am I to judge what helps others in their life?
I applaud your niece as well as your honest curiosity and open mindedness.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by Char Baby
From Google:

What a bunch of bovine scat (the google hit, not you Char Baby).

Reiki is bovine scat. Total scam. Former co-worker was/is a Reiki master. Teaches the stuff.

Right after my first wife's suicide, I was effed up emotionally and looking for anything holistic to help struggle through the immediate aftermath. When I say holistic I mean I declined the prescription of lexapro and klonopin the mh counselor I saw (nurse practitioner) wanted me to take.

I bought a number of reiki sessions, supposed to balance energy, open up my third eye, yada yada yada. Put a circle of different kinds of rocks and crystals around my head on the lay down table, all sorts of energy based hocus pocus. I wanted to believe, I approached it open minded, I wanted it to work. Nothing, zilch, nada. Didn't make one difference in my emotional well being or lack thereof at that time.

In your situation, I would have suggested acupuncture as it is a physical and mental treatment. It really works although they claim to cure more than possible like chiros. When they "needle you up" you can feel it working. Some people can accept Reiki and some can't. Sorry you had to go through that.

[/quote] What a bunch of bovine scat (the google hit, not you Char Baby). [/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up!
wink.gif

Gebo, maybe she was doing it at a crowded table so other people would see and ask her what she was doing. Maybe she was dying to tell everyone about it

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Remember the Reeboks in the 90s that you had to hit the button repeatedly to pump them up? Maybe it's like that, only for the brain.

Yeah, she was hoping her brain would explode so she wouldn't have to eat that dry Thanksgiving turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back