FL-70 with ISC 8.3.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not sure what forum to post this in. If this is the incorrect one please excuse the mistake. I currently have been hot shotting for almost 3 years now with a 99' Dodge 3500 CTD with 243,000 miles and a 40' gooseneck tralier. I am currently looking at an FL-70 a friend of mine has. It has been meticulously maintained. He is looking into a bigger truck and I thought this would be a good chance for me to move into something a bit bigger. The truck has 295,000 miles on it with zero problems, except a new injection/fuel pump. The only downside is he uses Fram filters religiously. And reading on here it sounds like they are bottom of the barrel. But that is besides the point. How many miles can one expect out of these 8.3 ISC engines? 90% of the mileage is highway. I am just looking for your thoughts on the engine. I know that these trucks run a fuel/water seperator. Was hopeing to find something on this site about these seperators good and bad brands.

Thank you,

Jason

The ISC is a good engine. With proper maintenance, 500K is no problem and 1M is possible. I'd run Fleetguard filters with the Venturi Combo (full-flow and bypass in one unit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back