Harbor Freight coming to town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbor Freight will be coming to our town, they will move into the old Sears building that just closed this past summer, the nearest HF is 30 mins away.
thumbsup2.gif

yep , just opened a new one about 3 miles from me...used to travel about 20 miles to get to the closest one

The one near me is #6. It has been open as long as I can remember. Don't let the haters hate. Their stuff has improved greatly over the years. Their flat black impact sockets, earthquake air tools and plastic coated ratchets can't be beat.

Their bigger tool boxes are great too. I recently bought a ball joint tool and it worked great.

They seem to be popping up more and more.

One came a bit closer to me a year or so ago and has saved me many many times during projects.

Originally Posted by Malo83
Harbor Freight will be coming to our town, they will move into the old Sears building that just closed this past summer, the nearest HF is 30 mins away.
thumbsup2.gif

Into a Sears building ? Is this one of the rarer Sears Hardware stores ? A regular Sears, usually in a mall, that sold clothing, tools, sporting goods, etc, etc would be wayyyyyy too big for even a Super Harbor Freight.

Thanks for the "brain shock" reminder.

There's a closed Sears Outdoor Living Center in Bergenfield, NJ which has been vacant for a while.

Gotta swing by there and see if anything is happening.

It seems to me like Harbor freight is really picking up since the Craftsman name hasn't been as strong as it once way. Power to them. They give me good tools at a good price and I never have any major issues.

Originally Posted by mazdamonky
It seems to me like Harbor freight is really picking up since the Craftsman name hasn't been as strong as it once way.

1-2 years ago, when Sears and the Craftsman name were really taking a hit (and Sears stores were closing up all over the country), many people thought (predicted ?) that HF should or would step up their game to take over the hole that Craftsman will leave or might leave and it seems that HF did just that.

they have some gear the contends with top of the line.. and some utter junk.. make sure you know which is which.. before buying.

Nice! I was in there the other day in my work uniform buying a shop vac as a temporary, albeit annoying, solution to our leaky roof at the store. Had a good discussion with the assistant manager. She spoke highly of the company, suggested I apply, and told me in the last 5 years she started at the bottom and she's about to get here own store because they're opening so many new ones. For now I'll stay where I am but if I need to switch jobs, I wouldn't hesitate to apply there.

I avoid the bottom-of-the-barrel stuff but have generally had good experiences with items bought at HF. I've also bought the cheapest stuff they sell for one-time jobs and some of that stuff is, well, you get what you pay for. Worth mentioning the shop vac works great, well-built, quiet, and much cheaper than the one Home Depot had in stock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by Malo83
thumbsup2.gif

Into a Sears building ? Is this one of the rarer Sears Hardware stores ? A regular Sears, usually in a mall, that sold clothing, tools, sporting goods, etc, etc would be wayyyyyy too big for even a Super Harbor Freight.

Not attached to a mall , smaller, local owners, but still pretty good size building.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back