Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by P7hk9
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Speaking of the Costco membership fee, how much is it? Thanks in advance.

$60 a year basic, $120 a year for Executive with 2% cash back.

I went to Costco for lunch today, and they didn't have the new Kirkland oil. Perhaps after Christmas.

if you get the exec and get the citi credit card and use it for everything , you can get quite a bit of money back. i got $375 back last year. the gas they sell is usually less expensive and its good stuff.

i believe if you become a member and you don't save the amount of the memebership they will give you back the fee

Originally Posted by WhyMe

I went to Costco for lunch today, and they didn't have the new Kirkland oil. Perhaps after Christmas.

if you get the exec and get the citi credit card and use it for everything , you can get quite a bit of money back. i got $375 back last year. the gas they sell is usually less expensive and its good stuff.

i believe if you become a member and you don't save the amount of the membership they will give you back the fee

I have 3 kids still at home. My executive membership pays me back every year... on the order of $150 to $500 per year, which is over and above the cost of the executive membership.
The payback is like a load-your-cart, free trip to Costco every year...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

I've been to 2 warehouses in the past week and have not seen it either.
Remember Costco on line is a different business than the physical warehouses.
This oil may not be sold in physical warehouses, we will just have to see.

Not all Costco are the same size and serve different demographics. Shelf space is a major factor, buying tendencies vary by location, etc.

I have seen it in the larger stores. As it gains attention, it will probably be in all, perhaps at the deletion of something else. Costco doesn't market a new Kirkland item without doing their homework first.

They would prefer not to ship small quantities to customers for free. Expensive perk now to meet competition.

seeing i live within 10 miles of 4 costcos i am going to check each one out if i am in the area for the oil

Per lunch, are you referring to the free samples? i thought I was the only cheapskate who did that.

Originally Posted by JerryBob

Per lunch, are you referring to the free samples? i thought I was the only cheapskate who did that.

lol.gif
01.gif

I'm probably going to transition the parent's cars onto these - D1G2 should be fine for an improved version of a Toyota sludge monster. I need to use up some Idemitsu Zepro, ProDS and Edge FST first.

Costco has a food court!

I avoid the samples at all costs. I don't want to get between some babushka and 25 cents worth of free food!

Costco has a food court!
I avoid the samples at all costs. I don't want to get between some babushka and 25 cents worth of free food!

Yes, that 1/4 lb all beef hot dog deal for $1.50 is AWESOME! (it's a well known fact they lose money on them, called a Loss Leader - a product sold at a loss to attract customers)

That's a great price... about the same price we pay for Mobil 1 when the annual rebate comes around.

They have it at my local Costco. The Mobil 1 boxes were $36 for 6 quarts and 10 quarts of Kirkland were $24.99

Amazing deal if I needed a 10 quart oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back