RIP Buick Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know they were still around. All I see now are the Envision and the other crossover whose name escapes me.

They should just let it whither.

I just learned this week that there's no 2020 LaCrosse. Now the Regal gets axed. What parts support will GM lend to these discontinued models? And the owners of these models will be looking at more depreciation than they expected

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz

I just learned this week that there's no 2020 LaCrosse. Now the Regal gets axed. What parts support will GM lend to these discontinued models? And the owners of these models will be looking at more depreciation than they expected

I hope they weren't expecting much ...

A new, GM, sedan, is probably going to be one of the worst vehicles for for depreciation. It checks all THE WRONG boxes. Might be a great used buy in a year or two.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz

Not as much depreciation as the Buick station wagons.

cry.gif

The TourX is awesome
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Sedans are all suffering, from all makes. The pendulum will swing back at some point, but it might be 10 years?

And if it does, the nimble car manufacturer will profit and the ones late to the party will suffer.

Enough companies have bailed out of sedans that demand will soon meet or exceed supply I'm guessing. A lot of people still want a car. With so many bailing it may soon be a profitable market again.

I honestly can't imagine a lack of support for a GM car in this country. I still see people managing in Saabs.

Originally Posted by sopususer
I hope all these axing of sedans by Ford and GM doesn't come back to bite them in the butt when and if gasoline prices begin to rise.

The idea is that by the time that happens (if it happens), we'll all be turned to hybrids/full electric vehicles.

This is meant to be serious.

For a long time we had sedans and station wagons.
The sedan was your rolling living room and the station wagons had more room in back. They lifted the trunk lid and added 3 pieces of glass.
When my own mother said, "We can't get a station wagon, they're so big.", I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard.

So now the industry learned that all people don't need low-to-the-ground seating and that a higher seat is actually funner to drive.
So the industry adapted.

I got news for you, vehicles have 4 wheels and an engine.
What's all the hub-bub about a particular shape (and name) of car shape being pushed out for something more practical?
Still got 4 wheels, 4 doors....What's everybody's problem?

OOhhh my goodness! Ford isn't making CARS anymore? OMG Buick isn't making CARS anymore?
Are you, stoned? Of course they're making cars. Call the darn things cars and get over it.

And I'm not over-reacting. I think people are trained now-a-days to over-react.

Nobody died when the Renault Dauphine was no longer available and nobody will die when the last Regal (hey, I like 'em too) rolls off the assembly line.

BTW, how many do they sell in China? Anybody know?

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by KGMtech
Sedans are all suffering, from all makes. The pendulum will swing back at some point, but it might be 10 years?

And if it does, the nimble car manufacturer will profit and the ones late to the party will suffer.

Doubtful. The SUVs of 2000's were getting, what 8-15MPG, Maybe 18-20 if you were lucky. Today's CUVs get 20-30+ and give up next to nothing. Even if gas goes to $5/gallon few would trade for a sedan that may get 35MPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back