Which 508.00 oil would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by paoester
Originally Posted by edyvw
Which basically means, A40 could be used unless there is GPF involved. Also, as far as I know, VW504.00/507.00 is an alternative.

Except that's not what Porsche (VAG) says.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...uestions-on-the-ea839-engine#Post5283749
.....shows that Group 2 countries use thin 0w20 low-saps oil if it has a particulate filter (PF), and thick high-saps oil if no PF (just talking about single-turbo engines).
Porsche never said to use VW 504/507 thick oil for single-turbo engines.
If you have a link for them saying that, then by all means, supply us with that fact. Otherwise, these are just guesses.

I do personally see the reasoning that says we can use thick oil anytime we want though, its just that Porsche VAG never says it.

To me, it is indeed a matter of gasoline sulfur content to say if you can use a low-saps oil. In the U.S., low-saps should be fine since sulfur is now way down. Valve stem deposits ostensibly less with low-saps too.

And the question of thin vs. thick is a matter of single-turbo vs. twin-turbo. Singles get 0w20, twins get thick oil. Bottom line.

You answered the question.

My vehicle:
GPF; VW504.00/507.00
no GPF: Porsche A40.
Under no circumstances VW508.00/509.00.

Of course, anyone can do anything with their vehicle. heck, they can run Dollar store oil. But make no mistake, 0W20 is there only for one reason: CAFE.

Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20 results:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by BrandonT
Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20 results:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
​​​​​​​

Thanks for posting the VOA~

It looks like the M1 ESPx2 contains more Molybdenum/Boron than others (Total, Castrol, Motoul)

Wonder if any UOAs (M1 ESPx2) can be referred as well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back